Friday, January 27, 2017

"Though he falls he shall not lie prostrate, for the hand of the Lord sustains him." Psalm 37

My heart is pounding, my feet and legs are hurting, my head and heart are heavy with anxiety and sadness at how inept I am when it comes to home remodeling.  My knowledge is minimal and shaky and I made wrong decisions almost equal to my right.  I scanned the readings for today to find something that speaks to my mess of a self I am at this point.  I have been back to the hardware store 3 times today... and twice with a husband, who let me know that I am a poor excuse for putting any time or thought into all the small things that have to be thought about.  He is right as I really have minimal interest and want to get it done quickly.  I have apologized numerous times, and the litany of my faults seems to just grow and grow...


I found the Psalm for today to reflect fairly well the state I am in due to my weaknesses and faults and the promise that I will not stay down!
Though he fall, he does not lie prostrate, for the hand of the Lord sustains him... and the Lord helps them and delivers them... because they take refuge in him.  The salvation of the just comes from the Lord.  Psalm 37
I feel that I am a poor helper to my hard working husband...


I do take heart in the verses from the Psalm today as I do look to the Lord to forgive and raise me up to love and to serve without counting the cost.  I don't do it well but I do try awful hard!  The Lord will help me through this and soon I will be enjoying the fruit of our labor!
Finding a peaceful island in the middle of our crazy life.


Many thoughts today drifting to the March for LIFE going on, as well as the different camps among my friends for and against our new president and how can we all look at things so differently?  I am looking to some quiet (?) time in prayer soon to keep my on he narrow path no matter how close I am to be lying prostrate on the ground!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment