Tuesday, February 7, 2017

"God created man in his image... male and female he created them." Genesis 1

A visit to our home filled with life, and lots of crazy activity with plumbers, electricians and carpenters all here working on our bathrooms!  Maria, her Aunt Mary, and Evangeline Mary in the cute owl outfit gifted her from her great-Aunt Mary, who always arrives with thoughtful gifts for all!  Evangeline got snuggled and held for her entire visit and seemed to love the LOVE! 


My day has escaped me in such a wonderful way!  Morning prayer with both Pat and John, off to mass and finding the LIVING WORD as the readings and Psalm and Gospel are proclaimed in the early morning anticipating soon I will receive Christ in His Body and Blood!  The words were like a sweet bell ringing inside of me... Genesis 1 - the Creation and how hard and thoughtful God was in all he did for us in the wonder of Creation - sea teaming with life, the air full of birds, the animals wild and tame, the plants for food and for shelter, then making us lovingly in his own image!  Male and Female to complete each other and to become one in the Sacrament of Matrimony!  I felt very loved listening to the pearls/words flow all around me watching the masterpiece of creation at the hands of God, who is LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT!
I think she feels the loving embrace and gaze...


Yes, we fell from that grace, yet we can regain that place of goodness if only we die to self and allow the gift of the Holy Spirit to dwell in us and to dictate for us how we are to live our lives and follow Christ down the narrow Path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross and find that LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT/A small piece of heaven here on earth in our domestic Church family.  I suffered a major fall yesterday and when I had a chance to ponder the ugly scene and what I had so quickly shouted in anger... The motto of The Community of the Lamb came over me and my shame filled me..."Wounded, I will not cease to love."    It is so hard to do!  What do we immediately want to do and usually do when we are wounded by words or deeds?  Knee Jerk!!!!  Attack and point out there faults and how I am right and they are wrong!  Lord, help me and Holy Spirit come and help me climb out of my self-centered-feeling-sorry-for-myself-prideful pit and to put others ahead of myself... especially those the closest to me that I treat the worst!  So wrong!
Little Em loves to stand and her big sister loves her tights with sweet little shoes attached...  We predict that she will look a lot like her big sister!


Psalm 8 was just perfect to follow the first reading from Genesis about Creation;
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 8:4-5, 6-7, 8-9
R. (2ab) O Lord, our God, how wonderful your name in all the earth!
When I behold your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars which you set in place—
What is man that you should be mindful of him,
or the son of man that you should care for him?
R. O Lord, our God, how wonderful your name in all the earth!
You have made him little less than the angels,
and crowned him with glory and honor.
You have given him rule over the works of your hands,
putting all things under his feet.
R. O Lord, our God, how wonderful your name in all the earth!
All sheep and oxen,
yes, and the beasts of the field,
The birds of the air, the fishes of the sea,
and whatever swims the paths of the seas.
R. O Lord, our God, how wonderful your name in all the earth
the big and the little side by side.  Yes, she looked very cute in her new outfit and...

Today the Gospel warns us that we need to look always to The Lord and ask for the Holy Spirit to make us his Hands and Feet as we follow the Teachings and Dogmas of The Church so that we may arrive in "our true native land" with Jesus forever in heaven, and Mary his Mother, St Joseph and all the Saints! 
Cookies, milk and tea with Aunt Mary in the midst of school, putting a window in the dining room, and getting lights into our new bathrooms... Anything is better with a cookie is our motto along with "wounded, I will not cease to love."
These two are so loving and close!  Baby Em just loves when her sister cares for her and carries her and you can tell Therese has looked after her ever since she first came home.
Mary is what these 3 share not to mention being color coordinated so nicely for our pictures! 


Lord, in your Word and Sacrament... I am so blessed to get to mass this cold wintry morning.  So filled with Jesus, and thankful for your unconditional love and forgiveness and healing if only I reach out an touch you.  Then the hour and a half at your feet in the Adoration chapel!  The best time of my week filling me with so much peace, love, and hope for all those that I place with you in the monstrance - over 200 with our two huge families!  You are at work as I pray at the end 3 times - "Jesus and Mary I love you.  Save souls."  Yes, Lord you created us all in your image and saw that we were good... male and female - different yet all in your image and likeness!  How I pray for those in my life that do not know you or all the help they can receive to find you forever in heaven through the help of The Church!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
After a couple hours at a mini retreat in The Church this morning - Hallel smiled at me from the bulletin board and her words were such a powerful reminder of how I too can have the happiness she has found - "I realized how GREAT God is and I knew that He was worth my whole life.  He created me to be happy and here He has fulfilled my every desire."  Yes!  There is the creation message for us today!  We are created to be happy by dying to self so that he may live in us!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke with my Little Sister Hallel in prayer, the Eucharist, and in Spirit, and that is a whole lot!
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoor
Even my aches and pains feel less after all that time with Jesus!  Thank you, Lord!
Image may contain: text
My day is not complete without this throughout!
Image may contain: one or more people and indoorNew Ulm Catholic Schools mass served by the senior boys!
Image may contain: text

Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses and text

Image may contain: text
My friend, Scott Hahn has a similar LOVE for Jesus in his Word!
Danielle Rose - see you in the Eucharist
her explanation of it.
Nothing compares to you- Danielle Rose
Danielle Rose - Pursue me
Image may contain: text
Karl Lemoch (1841-1910), “Parent’s Joy”
Image may contain: 1 person
Saint Servatius,
patron saint of those with foot & leg ailments,
pray for us!
The Saint I need badly, pray for me!







No comments:

Post a Comment