Saturday, February 4, 2017

He the shepherd, we the sheep, Our Lady our peace


How I longed to have a live nativity work out while all the grandkids were together... it just didn't happen, but to my great joy I discovered that Maria's family did with their cousins, so I am beginning with Mary and baby Jesus... so beautiful and sweet and all I could have imagined!


I love to come upon Saturdays and find that reminder that it is devoted to BVM/Our Lady the Blessed Virgin Mary/Queen of heaven and earth/Mother of God/Tabernacle of God/...
How's this for a list of amazing True titles for her?  The Litany of The Blessed Virgin Mary!
Lord, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.

Christ, hear us.
God the Father of Heaven,
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
God the Holy Spirit,
Holy Trinity, One God,

Holy Mary,
Holy Mother of God,
Holy Virgin of virgins, .
Mother of Christ, .
Mother of divine grace,
Mother most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother inviolate,
Mother undefiled,
Mother most amiable,
Mother most admirable,
Mother of good counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Savior,
Mother of the Church,
Virgin most prudent,
Virgin most venerable,
Virgin most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of wisdom,
Cause of our joy,
Spiritual vessel,
Vessel of honor,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Mystical rose,
Tower of David, .
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
Gate of Heaven,
Morning star,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Comforter of the afflicted,
Help of Christians, pray for us.
Queen of angels,
Queen of patriarchs,
Queen of prophets,
Queen of apostles,
Queen of martyrs,
Queen of confessors,
Queen of virgins,
Queen of all saints,
Queen conceived without
Original Sin,
Queen assumed into Heaven,
Queen of the holy Rosary,
Queen of families,
Queen of peace,

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,

Pray fo us, O holy Mother of God,
Christ, have mercy on us.


Christ, graciously hear us.
Have mercy on us.

Have mercy on us.
Have mercy on us.
Have mercy on us.

pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.

pray for us.
pray for us
pray for us
pray for us
pray for us


Spare us, O Lord.

Graciously spare us, O Lord.
Have mercy on us.
That we may be made worthy
of the promises of Christ.
General: Let us pray-  Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord God, that we Thy servants may enjoy perpetual health of mind and body, and by the glorious intercession of the Blessed Mary, ever Virgin, be delivered from present sorrow and enjoy everlasting happiness. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen 
 
Now with Joseph.... Love!


How I clung to Our Lady, literally, though the rosary beads passing through my fingers at all times of great need in my life!  I was especially reminded of John's brain cancer 7 years ago as I prepared my family favorite lasagna for his party last night!  It brings to mind the time I took some time away from John's hospital bed and cooked for the family.  While I was shopping in a big Cub store in St Paul, I had the experience of praying with the girl shopping in the next check out lane for John!  It changed us, and when someone asks for prayers - we pray there and then!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
The story...
 "As the family was all around John  - I took a day away to make FOOD!  I just needed a down day to make some homecooked food for the family, and get some mental health time.  I ended up at a big Cub Food store that was nearby.  As I slowly walked the aisles picking out what I needed... I got in line of a black checkout woman about my age.  She asked me the ususal - "How are you doing?"  I just couldn't say the usual "fine."  I said - "Not that good."  "You at least have money for food." she says, "unlike that guy ahead of you."  she points to a black man bagging his own groceries that has just paid with food stamps.  "That's true," I say, "but my 20 year old son has brain cancer!  Could you please pray for him?"  She looks shocked at me and slightly nods her head.  At that exact moment a young girl in the next lane says - "Are you from Marshall?  I think I went to school with some of your girls.  Did you say that your son has brain cancer?  Can I pray for you right here and now?"   I was shocked and nodded my head in astonishment by it all.  She bowed her head, and said a simple short prayer asking for John to be healed and protected as well as his family.  I looked up to see the checkout lady and the man bagging his groceries also bowing their heads in prayer - united in prayer!  That changed me!  I might have lost a bit of my fire since.  But for a long time after this happened I would pray in the street, on the phone, in an email  - I would no longer say that I was going to pray for someone - I would do it right then and there!  I call this the Grocery Store girl, and she started me into a virtual prayer warrior! "

John protecting his candles from many helpers... he blew out all in one blow... no girlfriends!
The lasagna was a hit combined with Maria's zucchini lasagna, and we had a house full with the addition of John's aunt Raterra stopping in from her job in Balaton..."I drive right by here!"
Lots of laughter, kids, visiting and eating makes a birthday special on the farm!

I love the readings for today... all speak of the shepherd and the sheep needing him and looking to him!  Psalm 23 is all I need to mention as being the Psalm for today.  And to top it all off to have this day devoted to Mary, Queen of families and Queen of Peace there for us to turn to and recall all she wants to help us with and our families with!  How?  For me she is the Queen of the Most Holy Rosary prayer which fills my day with her help, prayer, and her Son, Jesus, who "saw the vast crowd, his heart was moved with pity for us, for we were like sheep without a shepherd; and he began to teach us many things."  Mark 6  How we love to experience this love and pity and mercy and unconditional love and forgiveness as we meditate on his life and allow his Holy Spirit to work within us! 
Special baby time was had by all!

Families are so much under attack these days!  How we need Our Lord and his Lady to assist us on this journey and to be true to The Truth which The Church shows us and teaches us and asks us to embrace without hesitation!  We are given so much each day to help us resist evil/lies of Satan/darkness of sin and death, and to stay on the narrow path carrying/dragging our most Cherished Cross!
John turns 28 and continues to ask for God's direction in his life...

Jesus, Our Lady fills our lives with so much goodness and kindness and happiness if only we die to self and allow her Son to dwell in us!  The Holy Spirit can use us to his honor and glory and make us his hands and feet!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Probably pretty close to the real nativity, right?  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Love to watch Pat with kids... he truly loves and cares for them and leads them to Jesus and The Church sharing our Faith with JOY!
Image may contain: one or more people and text

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit...
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.
If we are the Body - Casting Crowns
Memorare - Danielle Rose
Hail Holy Queen - Danielle Rose
Image may contain: indoor




No comments:

Post a Comment