Monday, February 20, 2017

"I do believe, help my unbelief!" we say to Jesus each day. How? "The Word of God on high is the fountain of wisdom and her ways are everlasting." Sirach 1

The two youngest sharing mass in their matching outfits thanks to Great Aunt Mary.  Just as quickly as the huge tidal wave of family was all around us over these last days... it has now come to an end with Nancy and family heading back to KC, and Ruth's family down with the flu, and Maria's family trying to regain some normalcy without their dad, who has months of training ahead and in between homes.  We are all thankful that the weather was nice and the many little ones could play outside in February!  Today with the rain and wind... we are trying out best to make it a good day.
Rose by the roses and wearing roses on her dress.  Every time we say the Creed and come to "rose again" she beams ear to ear!  " I am Rose Again!"
Father and the kids after mass!
Visiting St Joseph..."lets all pray for our families and our dads to look up to St Joseph, who cared for the Holy Family."

The Gospel today really speaks for me and how I long to believe and follow all that Jesus shows me in Word and The Church... yet, I know that I falter and fail and sin and mess up and that I am tested by all the life I cannot control... Jesus, is in control!
Yes, grandma played with her two live dollies.  It is a good thing I did this when I did, because they are no longer together until we can see Hallel at Easter in KC! 


I am feeling a bit run down, too, so I think this will be thankfully short for today.  The first reading from Sirach is a powerful reminder that The Holy Spirit brings us to the place of Wisdom through the mind of God.  "It is the Lord; he created her through the Holy Spirit, has seen her and taken note of her.  He has poured her forth upon all his works, upon every living thing according to his bounty; he has lavished her upon his friends."  What?  Divine Wisdom!  We find this in our prayerful reading of The Word, The Sacraments, and Looking to The Church's direction in helping us get to heaven forever with Jesus, Mary and All the Saints including St Joseph!
Big helper Therese!
Love that tongue and it looks like she might get her dad's blue eyes!?!


Jesus, keep us healthy and may our faith grow with each new day, and may we rise forgiven and once again love and serve you through dying to self and serving each other.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
The big sisters with the little girls...





No comments:

Post a Comment