Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Should we amaze Jesus with our Faith or our lack of Faith?


Starting with a family photo from Christmas.  The kids were just in here laughing at it and loving the smile on their dad's face.  They are on their way out to do the chickens now...
We overflowed the kitchen eating island last night, so I moved into the dining room to eat my supper and so enjoyed looking in from the outside at the domestic scene... Pat with the baby in his arm and Maria serving him up his supper after all the kids and John and I... our house is full of family and LIFE!  Yes, I do get a bit overdone from time to time, but the remodel at the same time adds to that stress.  But Family Time continues to be The Best! 


The final words of the Gospel today caused me to reflect on a recent Gospel where Jesus was amazed at the faith of a man, who told him not to bother to come to his home," but only say the word and my servant will be healed."  From this we now scripturally say this response before receiving Jesus in His Body and Blood - "Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed."  Matthew 8:8  Jesus was amazed at his Faith, and we are to adopt that Trust in his coming into our lives and healing us and using us to his honor and glory!
Our home is a blur of activity these days, and we are cherishing wonderful family time shared with our full house!

A great picture of the family together to celebrate Joseph becoming a lawyer in the army and now time together while he is trained. 


Today in the Gospel Jesus is "amazed at their lack of faith."  With this to deal with Jesus could not perform any mighty deeds there.  I long to have faith in Jesus at work in me and at work in my life so that I may share His Truth with all and when necessary use words!  I do see him at work in the faces of my family, and the bond we share in Faith/Family/Farm!  It is the wind beneath my wings to have that small slice of heaven where we love Jesus and His Bride, The Church, with no reservations.  With that kind of support we can face all that tries to take away our peace and diminish The Truth through relativism, which has overtaken our world here in the U.S.

Borrowing some family pictures taken in Wisconsin over Christmas... I know that the separation is hard on them.


I see in Maria a prime example of Faith in how she teaches, disciplines, loves and cares for her family with great care and organization.  She fits in exercise, schooling, chores and her kids have all learned to look past themselves and to help the younger ones. 

A special family indeed!


Jesus, how I long to be yours, and to always have Faith in you at work in my life, my family/domestic church, my husband/most Cherished Cross, my country, my world, all those in dire straits, all those that don't know and love you due to being blinded to the truth through relativism where anything goes.  No!  We need to die to self so that you may live in us and embrace all that The Church teaches us and requests of us - Helping us to get to heaven forever with Jesus!  For that I long and strive with all that I have within me!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Love to see dad with his little girl, who is changing so much with each day.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
No automatic alt text available.


https://www.catholicculture.org/commentary/otc.cfm?id=1447


http://tradcatknight.blogspot.com.eg/2016/02/letter-from-pregnant-nun-who-was-raped.html?m=1#more
Image may contain: one or more people and text


Image may contain: text


Image may contain: 1 person, text




No comments:

Post a Comment