Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Spiritual World all around us!

The girls are no longer together, but they start me on a happy note after some days away from the computer and making unexpected trips up to the Cities, and the stress of preparing taxes for our farm and family, and being put down for a day by illness... I am brought to a place of pondering if I am being told, as my daughter mentioned this morning, that I take a break from my blog for Lent...  "Why would I do that Maria?"  "It seems mom that your writing in the past was a form of prayer for you, and maybe you need to get back to that and contemplate where you have come to in your writing for the blogosphere."  It makes me feel panicked and sad to think of not writing every day, and the messages that burn in me, and she did mention that I could go back to writing in a journal for Lent..."Well, mom, on days that the Word leads back to some of your sharings.  You could include a former post, or share on facebook that link to share your message with others." 
Yes, we were in St Paul midmorning yesterday... I dropped Pat at the Capital for some testifying for mowing ditches, and the Cathedral just ahead beaconed me forward. 
So perfect on the Feast of the Chair of St Peter to see this chair where the Archbishop sits, who heads our Church for the Archdiocese in this gorgeous church!  So loved my time here praying many decades of my rosary and the chaplet, and watching those bent in prayer in such a holy presence and filled with the richness and beauty of The Church!
St Peter's altar holding the keys to the Kingdom as mentioned in the Gospel yesterday.  John had a horrifying Spiritual nightmare in the early hours of the morning yesterday and came into our bedroom describing the real feeling of being held down and unable to move by something evil.  "I screamed out 4 times, and wouldn't open my eyes to see him.  I was so terrified and know that we need to put a crucifix in every room of the house!"   Knowing that evil forces are real of both good and evil... we had John accompanied by Little 4 year old Patrick go up with holy water and pray and sprinkle the water throughout his bedroom and the upstairs.  "Patrick was such a sweet helper.  He prayed for me and his family everywhere.  I had a good night with all cleaned out by the blessing with Holy water."  John was on my mind, and so it was very special to light candles and ask for the intercession of many great Saints... Saint Peter on his Feastday!
An amazing mural on the ceiling over the altar to St Peter... calling Simon Peter the fisherman.
 "Do you love me?  Feed my Lambs..."
Peter being crucified upside down...Wow!  St Peter, intercede for us...
Candle lit and prayers said, and much comfort gained... the Spiritual world is all around us!
Praying to St Patrick!  Good overcomes Evil!
St John the Baptist... one of John's patron Saints is a powerful warrior for Good!
St Patrick set to do battle and fills us with confident peace!

 St Therese is perfect prayer warrior and shows us how to give it all to Jesus and he is always there to show us the way of LOVE!
Of course, Our Lady, Queen of heaven and earth answers our heartfelt needs!
This greets you as you enter the front door and fills you with the meaning of dying to self so that Jesus may live and work through us!

In the Gospel today we are reminded of our responsibility to share The Truth with others, and so that makes me pause when I think about taking Lent off to pray with my writing and not spreading The Truth with others.  I have a week to pray and ponder...
It seems that Evangeline is telling me to lighten up.  Thank goodness the taxes have been unsnarled and figured out, and peace has returned to our domestic Church/home.  Once again I have been shown how I fail and need to do better.  Once again the resolve is in my heart, and I humbly say..."Lord help me to do better with my responsibilities.  Am I responsible to share your Truth or not?" 


Jesus, I am yours, and only long to share the Truth with any and all that will listen to me.  How I love, love, love you, my Jesus, your Bride The Church, your glorious Mother Mary the Mother of God, and all the Saints, and your Word.   Each day we learn from Jesus, you, in The Word!  The Good is above all and over all and evil is cast into Hell!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
My girls and their girls helping me to lighten up about myself and maybe a reminder to spend my lent in a more personal prayer... Lord, I only long to serve you!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Image may contain: text
Lent should be filled with plenty of these too!
"Help yourself during this troubled period by reading holy books. This reading provides excellent food for the soul and conduces to great progress along the path of perfection. By no means is it inferior to what we obtain through prayer and holy meditation. In prayer and meditation it is ourselves who speak to the Lord, while in holy reading it is God who speaks to us. Before beginning to read, raise your mind to the Lord and implore Him to guide your mind Himself, to speak to your heart and move your will."
– Saint Pio of Piectrelcina / Saint Padre Pio

Image may contain: text


ST Polycarp joins the spiritual army today... protecting us from evil... St Polycarp, pray for us!

Image may contain: 1 person, text




Image may contain: text
Lent begins in one week!

I'm reminded (and inspired) by St. Francis of Assisi, who told his fellow friars near the end of his life: "Let us begin again, for until now we have done nothing..." May our Lord give us the grace of such humble and holy zeal.

Danielle Rose- The Saint that is just me
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and text







No comments:

Post a Comment