Thursday, March 2, 2017

"Choose LIFE...by loving the Lord, your God, heeding his voice, and holding fast to him." Deut 30

Rose Again introducing her cousin, Therese, St Maria Goretti and noticing that her toenails are painted.  They do look that way, but I am sure that it was just the way of the statue maker to show her young bare feet.  Such a beautiful example of purity and love for Jesus above all else to grace the halls of our beloved Catholic School, where our 5 attended and now Ruth's 6 will.  To see my girls there with their families at home and filled with fond memories of their years here... Yes, our faith is most importantly shared in our homes, but we have always valued the help we got from our wonderful Catholic school!  Next year in KC Gus will be starting at a similar Catholic School just a block from him home.  It feels good and right!
Just back from the doctor and getting myself on antibiotics... sharing my family with the nurse practitioner, who knows Ruth from her work as a nurse at the hospital... Once again our Catholic Faith lived out by our domestic Church filled me with so much JOY!  To share that Ruth is expecting her 6th child/our 15th grandchild, and that we have a daughter who is a nun in Rome and she will be  coming home for her first home visit in 4 years after Easter, and that John is a 7 year brain cancer survivor and found his faith through cancer and continues to ask the Lord to show him the path he has for him....  Our faith shared with JOY at home has certainly filled our lives and brought us together to share LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT in our community of Faith/Family/Farm!
Cow TV is our constant companion, sharing a decade of the rosary with Maria and her kids as they fill in the second day of Lent, some of the thorns are being taken from the crown as we do for others and sacrifice ourselves!


Such an amazing first reading today from Deuteronomy 30... Choose LIFE!  How do we do that?  We receive the answer there also... by loving the Lord, your God, heeding his voice, and holding fast to him.  How does he speak to us daily?  Through Jesus in The Word read throughout the world in every church, by looking to the Saints brought to us throughout the day... St Maria Goretti is such a beautiful example to us of how she loved the Lord, listened to His Voice of Truth, and held fast to him in the face of a brutal death at the hands of her attacker.  The Sacraments are there to help us love, hear and hold fast to Jesus!  The Church is there to help us reach forever in heaven with Jesus!  Our Lady is my forever companion at bringing me to her Son and showing me how to uphold The Truth!
We have been doing some special painting around here and it makes us all happy and more peaceful!  This gem is by David of his mother, beautiful dark haired Maria with her sweet little 4 month old baby daughter, Evangeline, and they are dancing together!  How I love this so much!  The color is perfect for a beautiful dance!
Hanging out with the beautiful saints and admiring them as they share their beauty with all the little ones! 


Lord, we choose LIFE with all that we can give!  May we rid ourselves of our selfishness that comes between us and your Truth!  We thank you for the wonderful examples of giving our all in love that we have with Our Lady and The Saints!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen
Sharing the second sorrowful mystery - the scourging at the pillar with Maria and the kids!  Our prayer too is for health for all of us!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Image may contain: text
This really speaks to me!  I am trying to bring more peace and joy and love into my home for lent!
Image may contain: one or more people and people standing
How I love Venerable Thomas A'Kempis!  He filled my early Catholic days with so much Truth!  This is reminding me to get out my worn falling apart Imitation of Christ, and pour over each word and groan with the wonder of it all!
No automatic alt text available.
"When you go to confession, to this fountain of My mercy, the Blood and Water which came forth from My Heart always flows down upon your soul and ennobles it. Every time you go to confession, immerse yourself in My mercy, with great trust, so that I may pour the bounty of My grace upon your soul. When you approach the confessional, know this, that I Myself am waiting there for you. I am only hidde...n by the priest, but I myself act in your soul. Here the misery of the soul meets the God of mercy. Tell souls that from this fount of mercy souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great, there is no limit to My generosity. The torrents of grace inundate humble souls. The proud remain always in poverty and misery, because My grace turns away from them to humble souls."

– Our Lord to Saint Faustina, Divine Mercy in My Soul
Image may contain: 1 person, text
Yes!
Image may contain: text

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Image may contain: one or more people and text
So much to fill our Lent with hard work towards the Kingdom and choosing LIFE!
The Saint that is just me - Danielle Rose
Danielle Rose - True LOVE/The Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment