Friday, March 17, 2017

St Patrick - filled to overflowing!!!!



4 1/2 years ago... Patrick in the loving arms of his siblings two weeks after his traumatic birth... the picture of health and answer to our prayers for healing!  How ironic that he brought his dad home from Afghanistan after being deployed for months, and today Maria is with her husband after being separated for two months! 
Thrilled to see each other after 2 months apart!  Under happy circumstances this time, and...
4 1/2 month old, Evangeline, got to go along for her first plane flight, and she was very good!
How I marveled at the goodness of the Lord, 3 1/2 years ago sitting in St Patrick's Cathedral lifting up my new grandson, Patrick!  http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
David loves to dress up and he prayed for his baby brother dressed in green of Robin Hood, but it just suits today as it is the feast of St Patrick!  So many Patricks in our family and the day of birth of my wonderful long lost sister.  How is she lost?  She died of cancer in 1986 at the age of 28! 
She came to help me during Nancy's pregnancy, and fell in love with the farm.  She then found her farmer!  Two city girls come to the farm!  Nothing can beat a good Catholic farmer for husband material... we both found that to be true. 
Mary and I wearing our green coveralls in the barn 35 years ago in 1982! 
Lots of emotions today!  St Patrick has always been so big in my life since my baby sister was born on his feast day 6 1/2 years after me.... She would be 59 today!  Then to marry a Patrick farmer, and all the Patricks since including our grandson born dead and healed!  Reaching into the hand of St Patrick in downtown El Paso, and feeling his help and aide and assistance and courage filling me with HOPE! 

 It is so good that Maria and her Joseph are together on this special day in our family!  And I know that young Patrick is having a wonderful feast day celebration with his other grandparents and siblings in Wisconsin!  All of our kids have reason to have a special celebration today!  Ruth has her dad over there to "spoil" and her Simon Patrick, Nancy has her Dominic Patrick and her Godmother, Mary, in heaven, Maria has her Patrick Joseph, Hallel has her Godmother, Mary, in heaven, and John Patrick bears his father's name, too!  Talk about an imprint of a Saint on our family! 
A crossstitch done by Ruth some years back hanging in their bedroom and is so appropriate for all the prayers for her and her new little girl!  I am blown away to recall that a year after moving into that house in 1988 - February 26th.  I was due to have a baby on Feb 25, 1989, but was induced on the 3rd of Feb due to preeclampsia... I had my baby boy, John.  Now a year after they have taken over the farm and moved into the newly remodeled house... they will welcome their new baby girl in two weeks... a year and a week after they moved in on March 25th, 2016 - Good Friday last year!  Ruth's C-section is set for Friday morning of March 31st!   The sharing of such family events is mind boggling to me!  Pat thinks that it is ridiculous that I even think about these things, but you have to admit... it is too crazy amazing to not!  We already have realized that we had our 5 kids within 9 years and a week... yes, the spacing is different, and now Ruth is having her 6th... It is pretty obvious that this is my hobby and obsession and that I consulted my natural family planning records which cover all my years of fertility with many notes and pages of writing... not surprised right?
Another strongly held passion of mine... the consideration of a call to religious life!  This wonderful new traveling "cup" is included with a wonderful prayer to be shared with the families that bring them home weekly each night for young people to ask the Lord to reveal his plan for them and the wonderful possibility of a vocation to be included!  This week Ruth and Paul have it in their home!
 Thanks, Mr Rogers, for a lesson of Truth!
Mary and I in our beloved Michigan!  Another picture that should go into my new "beach themed" bathroom! 


I apologize for the messed up sharing this was!  The tidal wave of emotions has carried me away!  The readings today are a reminder to me that life is a huge adventure with a meaning and a purpose even in the midst of huge challenges and crosses!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Having a nun for an Aunt is hugely powerful for our grandkids!
Nancy honoring her Godmother a few years back!





Image may contain: 7 people
Three years ago in my house... now their's and soon to have a new one in the arms!
Image may contain: 1 person, beard
Christ shield me this day: Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me, Christ in the eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me” (from “The Breastplate of St. Patrick”).
Image may contain: 3 people, text





No comments:

Post a Comment