Saturday, March 4, 2017

The first 20 calves and finally some pictures... "there are no perfect people in heaven only forgiven people." (except maybe Our Lady and Jesus)

Having the morning with the kids yesterday, we decided to make cards for mom.  The watercoloring was a delight for us, and the cards were from the heart.  Little 4 month old Evangeline tops off our display set out for mom's return!  These 5 are bringing so much JOY into our home... Look at that precious smile!
Yesterday we had a set of twins with white faces, so the kids were pretty excited to see them.  Pat had them out on some nice fresh bedding outside in the warm sun, but it was a mighty big challenge to get them with the kids...
The one picture with both twins, but... not to best of the kids.  The question is how do you manage to get all these kids and animals looking good all at the same time.  Answer... You don't!  You just keep at it and the best one is still a picture of LIFE with all the hands, hats, animals, and bright sunlight.  At least today there were no tears and tantrums to content with.  That is truly a picture of LIFE as it seems that some need to get negative attention.
This is the best!  I was just happy to see the smiles and happy looks on many of the faces.  Only one of the twins made it, but when you see one you have seen the other one.  They both have white faces and are the same size.  When you are working with this many variables you cut your losses and slim back your expectations and end up with a picture of LIFE to cherish always. 
A later attempt and you can see how tired they are with grandma and her pictures... grit your teeth and bare it! 

A quote I heard from a talk lately just seems to fit with the Gospel and thoughts swirling through my heart and mind today..."There are no perfect people in heaven (Mary and Jesus excluded) only forgiven people."  The Gospel today is the calling of Levi, the tax collector, by Jesus.  St Matthew immediately followed Jesus when Jesus said to him; "Follow me."  He than had a huge banquet at his home and invited others, who needed The Dear Physician as all of us sick sinners do.  "Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but only the sick do.  I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners."  Luke 5
"She wants to be held, and I need to vacuum."  said Therese, so she put her baby sister in a carrier on her front.  How little Evangeline loves to feel big and walk around and help move out chairs and vacuum!
"I am a big girl!"

"Help me pull out the chair Vangie.  You are such a good helper!"
The vacuum waltz, and learning to work with sister.  She adores her big sister, and the feeling is mutual!
It has been such a gloriously prayerful and sacrament filled day today!  Up for mass, rosary and reconciliation.  The chalice is to travel from home to home for a week and to remind the families to pray for vocations!  I hope that Pat, I, John, Maria and her 5 can do this soon!  Our prayers are so rich with the knowledge of our Hallel coming to the U.S. in just a few weeks and our first home visit in 4 years!
The chaplet gazing on the gleaming tabernacle, and then a trip to a neighboring town for some meds for the cows and calves - an hour in the car to say more decades of my rosary!  "Be still and know that I am God."  seems to be a good description of my morning today.  Then...
 This tidal wave of LIFE rolled over me, and it felt wonderful!!!


Deep sharing with family and trying to get well enough to go and wish my dad a happy 92nd birthday has me in a constant state of prayer and beseeching the Lord to be in control of my life, my plans, my family, my following of the Truth and LOVE of The Church with no reservations at all, my longing to love and serve others without counting the cost, my turning away from sin and living the Gospel, my knowing that I am in need of forgiveness and even the Saints in heaven were not perfect people just forgiven people, and when we are forgiven we are to return that to others returning the Mercy we have been given!
Two farm kids by the fence will be big brother and sister in just 4 weeks!  Lord, protect Ruth and the baby girl!
Off to work on their fort in the grove with animals in tow.  The calves have to stay in the pen with their moms, or they probably would be included. 

Jesus, our work needs to begin in our homes/domestic Church... we need to listen to your words from the first reading today - Isaiah 58...If you remove from your midst oppression, false accusation and malicious speech; If you bestow your bread on the hungry and satisfy the afflicted; then light shall rise for you in the darkness, and the gloom shall become for you like midday;  Then the Lord will guide you always and give you plenty even on the parched land.  He will renew your strength, and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring whose water never fails...they shall call you, "Restorer of ruined homesteads."
This really rings for me watching Ruth's family now on the farm, and all the changes and restoring of the homesteads that have happened at both places over the last year!  I also see that these changes need to happen firstly in our homes and that many times those that are hungry are those closest to us and their need for our attention and "snuggles" and love and forgiveness... from there we can go forth in the LIGHT of the midday sun!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen
She is so much like Therese, Maria and me... Be still my heart!  Have I stepped back in time?  Yes, for these months I have, and I am finding it to be mostly wonderful!  Lent is such a gift to regroup, and do better at sharing myself without counting the cost!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

These two made me laugh and smile a lot!  "T" waited for her sister to come and now they are so sweet and close and share so naturally in most everything!  Each morning "T" picks out her clothes and dresses her, she changes her diapers time to time, and carries her around on her hip or now in the carrier where she can feel like a big girl just like her wonderful big sister!
The twins just after they were both yesterday morning...
Pictures of my hunky farmer from behind... it is just easier, because I don't get the annoyed look, and I like this perspective after all these years of following him around... 38 1/2 years !
Taking it all in, and "I want to be just like my big sister someday" is what she is thinking, and what her mom and I are praying, too!
Image may contain: text
Image may contain: 1 person, text
Image may contain: text
Nancy's patron Saint!
Image may contain: 1 person, text
My hero of LIFE and Family!
Danielle Rose - Wonderfully made
The saint that is just me - Danielle Rose
Laura Daigle - Come Alive
As bodily nourishment restores lost strength,
so the Eucharist strengthens our charity, 
which tends to be weakened in daily life; and this living charity 
wipes away venial sins (Cf. Council of  Trent ). 
 
By giving Himself to us Christ revives our love
and enables us to break our disordered
attachments to creatures and root ourselves in him (…).”
catecismo_imagentop.jpg (524×410)




No comments:

Post a Comment