Monday, March 13, 2017

"through all generations we give you praise." Psalm 79

I am so anticipating a similar scene when Hallel gets to meet 4 new nieces and nephews in a few weeks!  Here she holds miracle boy, Patrick, and little Dave and Therese are surrounded by a loving crowd of blue!  The words of the Psalm come to life today for me looking and longing for the coming together of 3 generations totaling 25 strong of our Family... How I wished that my wonderful parents could be a part of our time together, but traveling and huge occasions seem to be a thing of the past for them.  Those words from Psalm 79 in mass today;
Then we, your people and the sheep of your pasture,
will give thanks to you for ever;
through all generations we will declare your praise.
Lord, do not deal with us according to our sins.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
How I loved finding this picture today and knew exactly where it belongs!  Across from the oil art work of my mother... the waves of our beloved Lake Michigan in my newly remodeled bathroom with a beach theme.  The picture of the 13 - our newly formed family on the beach in Michigan!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
With the foot of snow we needed some help getting out today.  Ruth came over with the big pickup, Rose and a list of things to get for the new baby coming in just a few weeks now.  Nesting has started!  Rose was intrigued by the crown of thorns left behind by Maria and family.  "Who wore a crown of thorns, and do you think it would have been awfully painful?"  "Jesus, and yes it would hurt!"
Crown of thorns and the crib out of storage for the new baby girl!
8 1/2 months pregnant and still hard at it!  I would think that today the crib will be put together and new sheets on it, and Ruth shared that she has gotten some receiving blankets, and "Rose picked out a new outfit for her while we were shopping the other day."  Lots of excitement as we pray and prepare to meet our newest granddaughter!  Lord, thank you and protect Ruth and the baby.
The crib parade heading out to the pickup!  Soon Rose and her 4 other siblings will meet her new baby sister!  Nothing can compare to growing your family rather than you things!

I was thinking and laughing about how "unfair" life seems as I have hardly been out to see the chickens since Maria and her kids arrived.  Therese and David have taken over getting the eggs and letting us know if they need water or feed.  Well, they barely need to put on their rubber boots with the nice weather and no snow.  Well, they are gone for 10 days and now I have to put on my boots and trudge through snow drifts up to my knees!  Something is wrong with this, and all I can do is shake my head and smile and get some chicken farming in.  It sure is pretty though!
Bright sun and white snow all around...
Pat got over to the farm, John got out to work at the high school at Tracy (it was 2 hours late), the mailman got stuck in the driveway, but she zoomed out after getting all 4 tires on cement in the garage, Ruth reported that the kids had a sled and were sledding in the pasture at the end of the driveway until the bus came - they were 2 hours late, too!  It has been a snowless winter, so I am sure the kids were thrilled!   Pat not so much as it makes a lot of work for them, but all is well with calving.  He expects lots of calves today after the storm... we will see.
Roger waiting for me outside the chicken house door. 
Some of the drifts he had to come up for air!
Trudge, trudge, trudge... winter boots are a must!

Jesus, I am so uplifted by your generosity in sharing your LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT through generations!  How I long to return the love and Mercy I have been shown by you to those in my domestic Church/family!  I am so unworthy, yet you love and forgive me if only I will forgive!  May I live more fully by the motto of The Community of the Lamb!  "Wounded, I will not cease to love."  Hard to do, but may I pause and give up my petty angers and annoyances before they become big and blown out of proportion.  Keep all safe in the storm and cold and snow this day.  May I give without counting the cost.  Give and gifts will be given to you, a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing, will be poured into your lap.  For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you.  Luke 6  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Image may contain: 1 person, tree, outdoor and nature
3 year old Luke, clearing snow out of the bunk... lots of extra work with the snow!
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, child, hat and outdoor
Mary with Tstorms calf yesterday.  Appropriate that she would have her calf during the storm!
"It may be snowing outside but one of Mary's favorite cows calved in the barn. It's a great day to be learning how to care for a newborn calf! Ethical animal care is a top priority for farmers young and old!"  Paul Lanoue
Image may contain: 4 people
2 years ago... the weather was a lot nicer, and Nancy was on the farm with her kids!
A purely wonderful picture of spring! The calf was just born overnight, Dominic is in a feed bucket, the girls are trying to feed it corn cobs, and Gus is putting corn stalk bedding on his baby brother's head. Farm time can't be beat with baby animals and babies! Bless-bless I think we should name the calf 'Bolt'
Image may contain: text

Danielle Rose - Pursue me

 
Lauren Daigle - Trust in you





No comments:

Post a Comment