Saturday, March 18, 2017

Unexpected time in my chapel on wheels... family prayer time extraordinare! Happy Birthday "T"!

Such a wonderful picture in so many ways!  It was probably a Saturday morning making potato bread with the girls... giving them each a hunk, which we rolled out and put butter, cut fingers and put our homemade pie filling in the center... then criss-crossed the fingers to make long butter braids, or Ruth made a circular wreath like bread which would rise and fill the cake pan.  Each girl is touching their creation with pride and joy after we shared this special time making wonderful food in our sunny kitchen a mile away from the farm where dad spent most of his days.  After they would rise for some hours, we would bake them and drizzle powdered sugar and milk frosting over them. This could have been for Easter, and then we might have some jelly bean eggs to scatter over the top, too! 

I love to look at their play clothes from shorts to Ruth's holy knees, and then of course there is Maria's wet sleeve up to her elbow showing that after making their bread they had washed the dishes in the sink and their buttery hands as well as her sweatshirt sleeve!  I love the huge smile of little 2 year old Susan, and can only imagine how pleased she was to be able to do this baking of yummy food with her big wonderful sisters.  I just noticed the black eyed Susans on the table and so that blows the Easter theory... it would be early fall, and just a regular baking day probably close to Susan's birthday on September 18th just 3 days after her dad's.  They still had mom cut bangs, which they still moan over, and none of their girls are allowed to have bangs as they now feel that no girls with round faces should have bangs...  we do have round faces!
A St Patrick's Day picture that I missed yesterday taken a few years back of sweet Therese, who is having her birthday today!  She is amazing 9!!!  It has been so special to have her here with us for these months, and today she is with her other grandma in Wisconsin having a wonderful celebration I am sure!
Lots of prayers and thoughts of Nancy's family as Dominic broke his leg night before last on the trampoline.  Just back from a sudden trip to the vet in a town half an hour away and back with meds and clostrum for a calf just born overnight.  My rosary beads were in my hands from start to finish and lots of deep meditation and prayers for each of my children and their children and husbands in the bright sunlit car/chapel on wheels!
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, shoes and indoor
Green for his feast day - Dominic Patrick marks St Patrick's Day 2017 as one like no others!  I asked mom if he could walk on it.  "It is a walking cast, but it is so painful that I have to carry him at this point."  Lord, we ask for a quick recovery with less pain soon!
Another joy filled picture of the kids - now in our new home with silly 3 year old John.  I am amazed to realize that a year after we moved into this farm... I had John.  And now Ruth will have her little girl a year and a week from the day she moved there!  The Lord certainly has a sense of humor when it comes to the important things in life!  So many prayers for Ruth and her safety and that the C-section goes well on March 31st in the morning... less than 2 weeks now!  The crib is up and the changing table next to their bed, and her little sweet clothes are hanging in the closet.  What JOY! 


Looking at the kids enjoying a family canning day.  They were fun for us, and now Ruth remodeled our old farmhouse to make it her own, and foremost she wanted to be able to see the yard and to have a canning kitchen!  We truly do love to can together and make wonderful food for 6 families!  When we see the smiles on the faces and the empty bowls... we know why we do all the work!  It certainly is wonderful to share it with others, and the kids are growing up helping cheerfully and willingly and happily!
Dominic, Luke and Bernadette eating wonderful apples from "grandpa's tree!"


My rosary including the joyful mysteries on this sunny Saturday in my chapel on wheels... seemed to pull me deeply into prayer for each of my children... I pray for each one on the 5 decades each day along with their families, friends, those that share similar journeys and they, and some intentions particular to them.  My prayer seemed especially deep and focused on each one this day, and The Spirit led me deep!  Pondering the times Maria had her miscarriages and I was with her!  Dominic's broken bone and new needs and envisioning the healing - come Jesus!  Hallel soon to travel here and the time we will have with her!  John speaking and sharing his story and LIGHT!  It might seem like tangents, but they were powerful moments of basking in his love and forgiveness and closeness and all the gifts I have been given.  The Gospel today - the Prodigal Son... permeated all and reminded me of my own nothingness without him in the face of huge crosses - John's brain cancer, miscarriages for me and my daughters, Patrick's traumatic birth, Ruth and Maria's ruptures and praying their subsequent babies here safe and sound, the farm and all that is out of our control, on and on.  Jesus, I am nothing and need you - I give the control over to you!
I love this picture of my sweet Therese - her bright brown eyes filled with love and caring, her smile of happiness in life which she shares with all, her ashes on her forehead which is a symbol of her humility and trust and awareness of Jesus.  She recently told me that she took a very long and careful shower on the day of her first Communion as she wanted to be so clean to receive Jesus.  Wow!  She also has on her back burner the possibility of being called to be a nun as a beautiful possibility for her.  She has a nun and a priest for her Godparents after all!  Wishing you a wonderful exciting lightfilled 9th year sweet Therese Marie!
It is so special to see her baby sister, Evangeline, follow her sister with her eyes and be so happy to be with her!  Therese loves the babies and cares for their every need!  It is so fun to see how much they look alike, too!  It is fun to realize that her mom and dad are together for some days and Evangeline is delighting them with her sweetness, too!


Lord, I am nothing without you!  Yes, there have been times in my life when I come running back to you with empty and pleading hands lifted up to you.  "Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you; I no longer deserve to be called your son, treat me as you would treat your hired workers."  What did you say to me?  "Quickly, bring the finest robe and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.  Take the fatted calf and slaughter it.  Then let us celebrate with a feast, because this son of mine was dead, and has come back to life again; he was lost, and has been found."  I am overwhelmed, O Lord!  May I humbly return this undeserved blessings, graces, mercy, unconditional love and forgiveness I have been given by you to those in my life... most especially those the closest to me in my domestic Church/family.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen

Dancing and vacuuming... sharing special sister time and learning that serving with joy is a gift given to others.  I learn at the feet of my children and grandchildren - how to be a better and more willing servant.  I have a long way to go!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke


Rose Again... so excited for her new baby sister coming.  LIFE is a gift to be cherished and protected no matter the cost!

Love this!  My early married life spent in the barn helping Pat...
No automatic alt text available.
Coming up this week!  John continues to love to share his story and all stories of Faith on this journey!
Image may contain: 1 person, text
Tomorrow trumped by Sunday, but St Joseph is huge for us too!  Captain Joseph, my husband Patrick Joseph, David Joseph, Patrick Joseph, Romeo Joseph... one of my boys in heaven - Joseph, and my sister Mary took Joseph for her patron saint, too!  Big feast day for us!
Image may contain: one or more people and text
I am unworthy, Lord!
Image may contain: text
Saturday and The Blessed Virgin Mary - every day for me!  I am so filled with wonderment at having her for my spiritual mother always with me!
Image may contain: plant, nature, text and outdoor

Danielle Rose - If I touch him
Danielle Rose
Danielle Rose - the Crucifixion - A mother's song

No comments:

Post a Comment