Friday, March 24, 2017

"Unseen, I answered you..." Psalm 81 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart..."

I am enjoying having my 9 year old Therese around and the joy of doing her hair each day.  Yes, our time together is narrowing down, but we still have about 2 months to carry forth with this daily fun.  Over the years it seems that they are with us for a month here and there while Joe is being trained, so this is an oldie from about 6 years ago when they were here with us. 
About 6 years ago... a lot has changed since then.  Most especially the decline and now passing of Pat's mom, who was a huge part of our lives!


 I have been in a bit of a nesting frenzy around here, and it is kind of surprising until I realize that it is the one year anniversary of our move tomorrow.  Last year it was Good Friday which trumped the Annunciation, which is back in it's proper place this year.  Getting our bathrooms completed a few weeks ago and kind of triggered my decorating and putting up things that are reminding us of our home, which is now filled with Ruth and her family!
It really felt like home when I put up my grandmother's plates, which we had up in our farm house.  It just feels like our roots are planted here with familiar homey touches.
Pictures are always huge for me, and this is fresh and new using old wonderful pictures of which I have boxes and boxes!  Enjoying generations of pictures... John noticed that I put my hunky husband in the center.  Well...


An oldie in front of the picture window 6 years ago, the window still is here with a different couch in front of it!  This cat is now living here with us, and Mary is at home in the farm house! 

Emotions are running high today, and this is spiraling in some tangents.  There are projects calling to me, and distractions all around.  The words from the mass readings today spoke to me, yet they are distant now.  The Lord certainly continually has touched my life and answered me in unseen/yet obvious and powerful ways!  "Unseen, I answered you..."  Yes!


One of my distractions... so fun!  Clothes basket, little girl. and doggy and froggy! 

Jesus, I long to love you more completely with all my heart!  May I serve you without counting the cost!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Snuggling babies, Farmer Pat, and cow TV - 5 calves overnight... we have almost reached 100/98 officially this morning!  Ruth predicted that we would reach 120 by time the baby arrives in one week from today!  Three a day is highly likely and she is a pretty good farmer/mother of soon to be 6/farm wife/nurse/Creighton model instructor/wonderful daughter and sister! 





No comments:

Post a Comment