Saturday, March 11, 2017

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" - "To be near God is my happiness." Psalm 73


Moments before they headed out the door for 10 days in Wisconsin with their other grandparents... 3 of the 6 posed in front of a wonderful and true gift I received from Grandma Gail (Oma) years ago... "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!"  With my house full of Maria and her wonderful family for the last couple months we parted saying that it has been good.  I got the reassurance from 7 year old "little Dave" that this has become a comfortable home away from home for them, and that makes these words come to life and  become the Truth that they are.  Yes, we have our ups and downs and struggles... to top that off has been the wave after wave of illness we have struggled with, and now Maria has fallen prey to the miserable cold just in time to drive 5 hours with her kids and take it to Wisconsin.  At least she has had a couple of days to get meds and a better night rest last night.  So these words are our motto to carry forth by and our Truth which gets us past the parts where we are unraveling...
I only just started to do my "T's" hair each day, and I was talking about how I have not had a chance to do my baby girl's hair at all!  Well, before I knew it I was able to put puppy ears on my baby girl. Evie!  She sat so nice while her sister held her, and then they had matching hair for pictures in the mirror in the new bathroom!  I love it!  Therese was so excited and off they went to spend some time with their Oma and Opa in Wisconsin.  They will be there over Therese's 9th birthday, and that is wonderful, too, as their other grandma is a great giver of gifts and this grandma not so much.  It is so quiet around here, and already I am feeling strange in this silent house.  Even their dog, who barks often to come in out of the cold has left our Roger alone and confused.
It has been interesting today as I write this with the Gospel being that we are to forgive all from Matthew 5... love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your heavenly Father...
Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses
"You can’t go to heaven hating somebody. Forgive now."
– Mother Angelica
She certainly knows how to lay it out there for us.  I just found myself asking for forgiveness in the midst of this sharing.  The forgiveness is asked, yet I too need to forgive and not try to defend myself.  It is as though I am living the Gospel out as I write this today!  When I read it, I thought it was not to me, but now I see with eyes of my heart!
Girls having fun with hair dos this morning!

As Pat and I were doing morning prayer this morning this sentence spoke volumes to me from Psalm 73...  "To be near God is my happiness."  Yes!  Praying with Pat helps us to share our Faith and to start the day with prayer and petitioning God to answer our needs to get us through the day with its challenges.  Calving seems to be our top prayer request these days!  We had 11 calves in a 24 hour period a couple days ago!  We are easily now at the 50 mark, and about a third of the way done!  Knowing that... we place it all in His hands, and allows us to find some peace and joy in the midst of it all!  Most of life is out of our control, and to know that we have given it over to Christ gives us the strength we need to go forth trusting in his plan for us.  Yes, we need to do our best, and work hard at watching, assisting, and caring for the cows at this time of bringing forth their young.  Pat, Paul and Ruth are putting in long hours of work, and lots of praying too!
Therese gets to grandpa first to give him a goodbye hug!
Now all 4 in a sandwich hug... "Romeo is getting squished!"  Grandpa has been gone a lot with calving, but he will miss them and most especially his little Evangelin...a!
Grandpa and his little girlie in mass on Sunday.  Most mornings he has her in his arms til he leaves for the day.  Now she will have other grandparents holding her!  And she gets to fly with mom out to Virginia and that will be great!  Lots of adventures for Maria and her family lie ahead!


Jesus, may we love as you love and return the mercy we have been showered upon by you!  Allow us to forgive as we have been forgiven.  We certainly don't have it all together, but together we have it all!  Jesus, we trust in you.  May we give without counting the cost.  Bless-bless, Barb
My bathrooms are done!  I am celebrating with bathroom cleaning and picture taking today!  So loving them! 
Maybe a time in the Jacuzzi today? 
I went with the "beach theme" on the two remodeled ones downstairs!  My mom's artwork suits it well as does Our Lady of Guadalupe brought back for me from Mexico by son-in-law, Billy!  Thank you!
Image may contain: 1 person, beard and text




Image may contain: one or more people and text
Image may contain: one or more people and text
Love Jesus speaking to me from The Word!
So True!
Image may contain: text



No comments:

Post a Comment