Sunday, March 26, 2017

What we can't see is what is the best for our souls!

So special to now have traditions that have come to us through Hallel and her Community/Family of the Lamb!  Early in our time with them we were introduced to their special desert train of children with candles desserts and smiles marching around the outside of our gathering.  We now have adopted similar processions at special celebrations in our family... most recently the 9th birthday celebration of our Therese!
Blowing them out took more effort than we thought as some were trick candles that kept on relighting... lots of fun and giggles!


How I wish I could remember a statement Father Paul made in his homily today about how things that we can see are distractions and can mislead us while the things that we cannot see... the Trinity, The Saints, Our Mother of heaven and earth to name a few, are what it best for us to hold onto!
I hope that you get the idea...  Father mentioned that we are so busy working on our exterior.. when it is our interior that really matters.  In my current state of old and fat this was good for my ears to hear, but I do know that we are called to take care of our temples also.
On the one year anniversary of our new home... a wall of pictures in our new office!  How I love to use my pictures and it makes this place feel like HOME, and that is where my heart is!  This is very large, but we fill it up regularly and it is very comfortable even with many adults and close to a dozen kids here!  How we love to have it full of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
Time for Mary's grade to work the morning rolls, so the Lanoue bunch were cleaning and helping.  Such good lessons in service!  How we love our caramel rolls after sharing mass together!


The Gospel was the amazing one from John 9 today about the man born blind, who was healed by Jesus after he made clay with his saliva and put it on the man's eyes...."I am the LIGHT of the world."  Yes, we cannot see Jesus as the blind man was unable until he washed off the clay and he could see, yet once we have encountered Christ we see him at work in our lives with eyes of Faith!
Grandpa and his sweet baby girl, Evangeline Mary, who is loving her time in the huge hands of her grandpa Pat.  On Friday a new baby girl will join the family, and she will no longer be the baby in the family!
Ruth can thankfully sit while her kids are busy doing the clean up...


We are soon to gather over at Ruth's for a good old wonderful farm Sunday dinner!  Carrying forth our joyful wonderful Sunday!  I need to pull some food together!  Jesus, how we love to have your Holy Spirit alive in our hearts, minds and souls!  "Do you believe in the Son of May?" Jesus asked the healed blind man..."Who is he, sir, that I may believe in him?"  Jesus said to him, "You have seen him, and the one speaking to you is he."  He said, "I do believe, Lord," and he worshiped him... Wow!  Such amazing story that we can see in our hearts and hold dear there!  I do believe, Lord!  I do long to worship you with my all!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb



No comments:

Post a Comment