Wednesday, April 26, 2017

"God so loved the world" no matter how crazy it gets!


David home sick gets to help settle in the new baby chicks!  Yes, I have returned from helping get them warm, fed and watered, and many pictures already!

Life is a crazy unpredictable zoo for me these last few days... today we are soon to have our baby chicks home to get settled in... no field work yet due to cold and rain, but it seems that with my husband free from that he finds reasons to travel for parts and fenceposts with me by his side.  Good yet not allowing me to get other things done.  When I read the Gospel today from John 3:16... it filled me with the knowledge that no matter how out of control and out of our hands our life gets to be ... God so loved our world!  The call has come and we are on the road to help settle in the baby chicks!  Beware of too many baby chick pictures for our own good to arrive here when I can find a minute to myself.  Hard to find these days... Jesus, may I die to self so that you may live in me, and I may serve without counting the cost!
Grandpa Patrick and grandson Patrick snuggle with little Evangeline on these rainy mornings!  She loves it!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke 


I am back and trying to share some here before I make a big grocery run... with many mouths to feed we are out of some essentials and with Easter upon us... some treats that come with Easter!  We are a week away from our Little Sister Hallel coming for her home visit as she is brought here with Nancy, Bill and their 4 to join the spinning world we call our farm.  Hopefully by then the cold and rain will have cleared out and the crop will be going in, so that will add to the intensity of her time here!
Rose shows her new baby sister, Joy her fist baby chick, but she only peeks at it now.  It is so fun to see Ruth, my chicken girl, now showing her kids how to care for them.  When they get bigger they will move over here and I will become the chicken farmer.
Patrick is not too sure about them...


There is sickness adding to the struggles along with the cold wet weather... well below normal for this late April.  With our early spring this is disappointing to the farmers, who are now behind schedule getting the crop in.  Talk about having to trust in Him!  The peace flows all around me as I read these amazing words from John 3 in the Gospel today.
"God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might not perish
but might have eternal life...But whoever lives the truth comes to the light,
so that his works may be clearly seen as done in God."
With the struggles and crosses and suffering that comes with our lives lived for Jesus and serving Jesus in each other... we find The Way, the Truth and the LIFE... Jesus in our midst!  We are given all we need to persevere!  One of my favorite sources of this strength comes from the glorious Saints that fill each day with models of strength and holiness and we are called to be saints ourselves!
Romeo getting used to these new little soft baby chicks.


Jesus, we love you and are forever humbly grateful and unworthy of your undying unending unconditional love for us.  May we dwell in the LIGHT and share the love and mercy we have been given most especially with those the closest to us in our domestic Church/family. I will bless the LORD at all times;
his praise shall be ever in my mouth.
Let my soul glory in the LORD;
the lowly will hear me and be glad.
R. The Lord hears the cry of the poor.
Psalm 34 from mass today fills us with hope and strength knowing that you so love our crazy world if only we dwell in the LIGHT and be open to LIFE and raise LIGHTS!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Luke with chick...
Patrick is learning to handle them and trust that they are not going to hurt him... they are soft and gentle!  I must go and shop for the family... Lord, give me the strength as shopping is one of the hardest jobs there is.  Bless-bless, Barb
Riding around the shop  and taking a baby chick break...
I can't stop...  Maria is now heading over, so beware many more coming!
Three in a hand, and I'm done!
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me

No comments:

Post a Comment