Friday, April 7, 2017

"I love you, O Lord, my strength...."Psalm 18 "believe in him." John 10

Little new Joy seems to be living the song..."Close to you."  She loves to have mom and big sister Rose close to her.  Such fun watching the two of them close and happy and loving and peaceful together in the bright sunshine coming in the huge picture window facing the rising sun in front of the farm house! 

Gazing upon my perfect granddaughter here beside me sleeping so sweetly and reminding me of how perfect she is made in the image and likeness of God, and adding to our love as it grows more and more with each new life!  My love for Jesus is enhanced by my swelling wonder and awe at how wonderful is his creation and the growing family filled with more and more grandchildren and siblings in each family - so much more important to them in their lifetime than to have stuff.  Siblings other than things... no comparison!



Rose was very content to snuggle with her sleeping sister, who is a week old today.  A week ago Rose was so excited to get to the hospital to meet her and now she can sit and hold and snuggle her... her very own baby sister!  She is such a lucky little girl, as many have at most one sibling with the 2 child lie that is believed to be the way to go.  Not true!  I know that many look disapprovingly on our large families, but I would like to consider this beautiful sight as a poster or even a neon sign showing the world how beautiful a large family is!
A masterpiece/ work of art and forever blest to have each other throughout their lives, and ours too! Yes, it takes sacrifice on many levels to have a large family, but with Christ we are given the strength to handle it.  Aren't we ask to deny ourselves and take up our Most Cherished Cross to find the LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT that comes to us through that cross?  There is no more natural way to do that than to be open to life and raising them as LIGHTS! 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html


All the ways we see the Lord touching our lives in the good times and in the challenging times like John' cancer, and Patrick's traumatic birth... cause us to believe in him and He calls us to look to Him each day in The Word and Sacrament and to follow The Church's teachings that are there to help us get to heaven forever with Our Jesus.  "I love you, O Lord, my strength, O Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer.  In my distress, I called upon the Lord and he heard my voice."  Psalm 18 from mass today.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
Washing bedding led to a tent on the clothesline and a tea party in the tent... 4 boys and Therese!
Tea party time in the sheet tent...signs of spring!  Today we tried it at Ruth's, but the wind ruined our tent ideas!
Milk from the wrong end of the cow, but super fun!  My grandmother painted these special dishes for me years ago... how did she know that I would have my own cows, and therefore needed a cow milk pitcher?  Not only that but after I married Pat... we have the same initials in our names ... Beatrice Lameda Vercoe, and Barbara Lynn Verly.  Not planned but kind of special right?
The boys had pretty good manners at the tea party...  every bit of food was enjoyed by all!
Therese finishing off the tea, and pondering that now she will have a sister to share tea parties with for many years to come, and maybe the boys will be invited, too!


Lord, life is an adventure and we are not in control of it... you are!  We give our all to you and know that we are yours alone.  You fill us with so much each day to help us love and serve you more and more by dying to self and giving without counting the cost.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
The sheet tent at Ruth's became a tractor garage on this windy day!
 Romeo loves to ride in his seat buckled beside his "Bumpa."
Off to scrape the floors of the barn with Bumpa. 
Image may contain: text
Fitting for today...
Image may contain: 1 person, text


Image may contain: 1 person, text


No comments:

Post a Comment