Saturday, April 22, 2017

"It is impossible for us not to speak about what we have seen and heard." Acts 4

It was hard to wait to do my Easter butterfly and Cross for 2017, but I knew that I wanted to get my pictures from our gathering for Easter in KC with The Community of the Lamb, our Little Sister Hallel and our Kansas City family/Bill and Nancy and their 4... so I was very excited to find a window yesterday to paint my heart out and make this special keepsake for Easter 2017!  After our wonderful feast outside on the green grass in the center of their monastery with all but Ruth and Paul and their 6... the wonder and beauty of our worship celebrating Easter JOY in the chapel spilled out into the warm sunny green and joyful gathering out on the grass with wonderful food and fellowship!
On the back of the butterfly I was able to put some special pictures that represent well what this Easter has meant for us...  Simon with his new baby sister, Joy Jean, Hallel with her Goddaughter, Therese for the first time in 4 years,  her dad with his daughter, Susan/Hallel, for the first time in 2 years, and all of us by the little monastery/Lumen Christi except for Ruth and Paul's family.  Next will be all of us together for our home visit with Susan in 2 weeks - the only one missing will be Captain Joseph!
My Cross for 2017 - I tried to use the corpus from St Francis Cross which is used in The Community this year. 
The model I used for my cross this year.  I can't get enough of my daughter being here and sharing in our family! 


Relating to the Apostles today in the first reading from Acts when they are asked not to speak in the name of Jesus and their response even when they were threatened?  "It is impossible for us not to speak about what we have seen and heard."  So true!  I burn to share my story of how the Lord has touched me over and over... brought me into The Church and blessed me with each new day in my beloved Catholic Church!  Blessed me with a good Catholic husband, who is my champion for LIFE and raising our children as LIGHTS!  In having a daughter, who answered "yes" to her call to be a spouse of Christ.  In the healings of both my 20 year old son from horrible brain cancer, and the healing of my newborn grandson, Patrick, born dead and brought back to life!  Too much to hold in!!!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/susan-angela-agneslittle-sister-hallel.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
Recorded on the back of the cross... all that this new year has held for us including mom's broken wrist which might allow me to visit them more often!  We are both happy about that... how I love to visit my parents and know that our time will come to an end in the future as they are both around 90 now... my dad 92 and my mom 88 in July. 
A beautiful sign of spring outside my parent's home in their garden.  My mother has always had a green thumb compared to me... not so much. 


Lord, today you tell us in the Gospel to "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature."  Mark 16... how I burn to do that, Lord.  Please use my feeble attempts to share all that you have done for me and how unworthy I am, yet you love me with an eternal and unending and unconditional love!  May I give without counting the cost so that when I leave this world all that I have given will be added unto me...
Image may contain: 1 person, text
Yes, Lord!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Image may contain: 1 person, text
It is Divine Mercy Sunday!  May I return the Mercy I have been given to others most especially to those in my domestic Church/family.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke







No comments:

Post a Comment