Tuesday, April 18, 2017

More time away? Yes! With my parents on Easter Tuesday. "Whomever the Lord will call..."

On our way out of Kansas City to head  to our home 7 hours away... we got our last real hugs for 2 weeks until Nancy, Bill and family will bring Susan/Hallel home for her home visit for 5 days on the farm. 
Two year old Romeo is just the right size and cuteness to get some tickles from Aunt Hallel.  How amazing is it for the little ones to have sisters in their lives?  Such a wonderful time and lesson to them that they too could be called by The Lord to this special calling of priesthood or religious life.  Such powerful readings on Easter Monday and now Easter Tuesday are just too much of wonderful!  Today... Acts 2..."Repent and be baptized, every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ... you will receive the Holy Spirit.  For the promise is made to you and to your children and to all those far off, whomever the Lord our God will call."
Evangeline Mary dressed in blue and smiled with delight for the occasion of saying goodbye to The Community of the Lamb and her Family of the Lamb.  You are such a lucky little girl to have special connection to wonderful sisters, priests, and brothers.... men and women that have answered the call from their loving Jesus, who has banished the darkness of sin and death with his overcoming death... where is your sting? 

"Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love,
that he may deliver their soul from death, and keep them alive in famine.  The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord."  Psalm 33 from mass today
Family time before we headed for the farm.  We arrived home about 7:30p, and the following morning I made a trip to help out my parents as my mom took a fall going to Easter Vigil services in Stillwater and broke her wrist.  How I love to have a reason to be here with my parents about 4 hours from the farm.  There was talk about starting to plant on the farm today, but overnight rain postponed that and allowed me to come more easily. 
Easter cards and my dad doing the dishes after we shared supper together.  My dad now does the dishes after my mother makes the meals... they have reached the same place that I have found when we do our huge family gatherings like in KC over Easter.  Nancy and Bill make the food and I do the dishes so that they can do some good visiting and the kids can have good times together, and they got along so well!  It is my joy to get the kitchen nice after our huge meals, and we run the dishwasher most every meal!
It is fun to see this beside my bed in the spare room where I stay when I get here.  Things have changed... no longer our home but now the beloved home of Ruth and Paul with their 6 kids.  Such a day of celebration for us all as little Joy Jean got a clean bill of health after a bit of a scare.  Many prayers and thanksgiving at a answer of a healthy little 2 1/2 week old girl.  "God is so good!"  from Nancy, who is home with sick kids today.  Many prayers filled my chapel of wheels in my 3 1/2 hours from our home to my parents home.  All 10 decades of the rosary and some of the chaplet of Divine Mercy! 
Sent off with a blessing in song, which we have been given since our first meeting with The Community when Hallel told us in front of the icon of Our Lady of Guadalupe that she was saying "yes" to Jesus calling her to be his bride in The Community of the Lamb.  They have sang to us many places over the years including our farm in Marshall when they came to visit in 2008, and in the street outside our church in Marshall with Pat's mom. 
Glimpses of Easter and trying to get mom better - it will take time and some help here and there.  "Aging is a ship wreck."  is a famous quote of my mother for many years now, and now the living proof, although both my sister and myself have taken falls on uneven sidewalks in the last years.  It is just harder to bounce back when you are 88ish.  Although I did spend a lot of time in the dental chair after my fall... ouch!
More art work in my bedroom - two are mine - one farm and one Michigan...


Lord, how unexpected is this time with my parents, and each time I am given with them is a gift and cherished.  Please help my mom to heal and to get back on her feet.... guardian angels watch over her and keep her steps safe and sound.  Mary Magdalene went and announced "I have seen the Lord"  may we do that with all we say and do and pray and rejoice with great JOY at answered prayers and healing as we Trust in You!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
In 2 weeks we will be together on the farm with our Little Sister Hallel!
My mother's painting that is over my bed of me and my sisters about 60 years ago in Michigan.
We are so blessed to have The Community in our lives and for these three they live in the same town!  Hallel will even get to come to their house and have a meal in the next two weeks!  It is so great!
Image may contain: one or more people


Maria just sent this of Pat at home on the farm on a rainy night holding his baby girl as he loves to do!  Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment