Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Word of God fulfilled and filling us each day..."You are witnesses of these things." Jesus to us each day

Back from an unexpected trip up to see my parents, and still marveling on our wonderful Easter which has continued... Easter week is here!  How I loved my chapel on wheels and my wonderful time visiting with my parents the day after my return from our family Easter time in KC with our daughter, Hallel, and her Community of the Lamb!  The readings each day since Easter from Acts and the Gospels have been a delight!  My parents and I marveled over them yesterday and my dad would burst into the praise and worship song we shared in our years in our Holy Spirit prayer groups - "He was walking and leaping and praising God!  In the name of Jesus Christ, of Nazareth rise up and walk!"  How we sit across from each other and marvel at The Church and our journey there and every day since!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
Sitting across from my parents - my dad handed me a teaching and shared with me some of his wonderful insights into being humble in the presence of our God and allowing him to work in our lives and use us to serve without counting the cost.  Embracing their aging limitations yet able to care for each other and go forward after a set back with mom's broken wrist.  These 4 weeks of healing will pass by and they will care for each other without counting the cost.  Mom said today that with her down time she plans to do more praying for our huge family -  approaching 125 with the new arrivals!  Lots to pray about...
I love to look over and watch my daughter's face of absolute JOY at the procession of The Word in before the reading of the Gospel in The Community.  She sees her spouse, Jesus Christ, in His Word of God, and her love for Him is so evident and fills the world around her with LIGHT spectacular and bright and shining for all to see!  Yesterday, the amazing Gospel of the road to Emmaus and the Lord sharing... "he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the Scriptures...Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and opened the Scriptures to us?"  Luke 24  My parents and I were just sharing how evident it is that The Holy Spirit gave us The Bible with Christ present there to give us all we need for the journey!  Filled to overflowing! 
He feeds us in His Body and Blood - another blessing to us - "he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread."  Today as the Gospel of Luke continues we appears to them in the resurrected flesh and they gaze upon his wounds suffered for us and through death he banished death!  May we reach out to him each day in Sacrament and Word and live the new LIFE he has given to us!  How we long to bring those far off to know and love him and partake of that small slice of heaven we are given to live out in our domestic Church/family! 
The LIGHT has come to chase away the sinfulness in our hearts, minds and souls! 


Jesus, I am amazed more and more by all that we are given for this journey if only we die to self and allow you to live in us.  Prayer surrounding me in my travels and times here at home.  The wind beneath my wings as I am lifted up from my knees and I humbly recall how I need you and long to be with you forever in heaven forever with you, my Lord, your Mother of Heaven and earth and all the Saints!  So much of what I shared with my parents was about how we love Mary and how she is the reason for our Salvation with her "yes!"  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and hallelujah
Seeing her Godmother, Aunt Little Sister Hallel, for the first time in 4 years.  Yet, they are united in prayer and exchanging letters and small gifts from time to time.  How special that Therese has a nun for her Godmother and a priest for her Godfather... she will surely consider a call to religious life in her future.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke



No comments:

Post a Comment