Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Beaten with rods and chained in a dark prison cell... praying and singing hymns to God

One of our parting pictures of cousins at little Dave's First Communion a week ago.  The two boys and their family are now living in Tacoma, Washington.  They are just an hour away from Captain Joseph's brother and will be spending their 4 day Memorial Weekend with family!  A very special part of their being stationed out there. 

The first reading today from Acts 16 today where Paul and Silas were beaten with rods and then chained to the floor in a dark inner prison cell... wounded, bleeding, in the dark and dank and chained to the floor... how do they respond?  "At midnight they were praying and singing hymns to God while the other prisoners listened..."  Blow my mind!!!  Talk about The Holy Spirit dwelling within and setting them on fire with the Love of Christ!  Such a lesson on the small things we face and how our love for Jesus should well up within us and give us JOY to accomplish sharing his LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT. 
the two Davids a week ago... they both have received Jesus in his Eucharist within 2 weeks of each other!

I am struggling with what I should do as far as daily Eucharist.  I know that it would be a wonderful way for me to start my days, but I also know that it is good to pray morning prayer with my two men before John heads to his job in Tracy and Pat to the farm with a "bye Honey, have a good day."  For now I am opting to pray and make breakfast for my men, and feel that sharing prayers in our domestic Church/family is allowing the Holy Spirit to minister to our needs and give us the ability to die to self so that Jesus may live in us.
Luke shows grandma his favorite kitten... soon she will open her eyes and get cuter.  I am at Ruth's using her internet as ours is non existent due to my big Cottonwood tree and the rain. 


As I was pondering Paul today... I recalled Jesus being scourged as I did the sorrowful mysteries in Adoration.  I pray each decade remembering my 5 children and their families and Communities.  So powerful to pray for each of them on down the line, and then I had to add one for Pat/The Crucifixion/5th sorrowful every day as he is my Most Cherished Cross and through the Sacrament of Matrimony lived out each day we are crucified to self so that we can go forward down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross and following after Jesus through the intercession of Mary, my daily companion and helper.
Joy meeting her first baby kitties!


Jesus, we yearn to come to give you all the praise and rejoice with JOY at all you give us to face all the difficulties pain and suffering that comes to us in our day to day lives!  May we trust and give our all over to you.  Come Holy Spirit and fill us with LOVE on fire to lead us into prayer and hymns to YOU alone.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and text
Wow!

come Holy Spirit!


No comments:

Post a Comment