Sunday, May 21, 2017

"Let all the earth cry out to God with Joy" Psalm 66 on the Sixth Sunday of Easter

Ruth wanted to get Joy into this special dress that we all remember her big sister, Rose, wearing 5 years ago.  "She will be too big to wear it soon."  Rose is so happy to have a new baby sister, who is now 7 weeks old, and growing so healthy surrounded by loving family.  We all smiled during the Psalm in mass today which was filled with JOY!
Responsorial Psalm Ps 66:1-3, 4-5, 6-7, 16, 20
R. (1) Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
or:
R. Alleluia.
Shout joyfully to God, all the earth,
sing praise to the glory of his name;
proclaim his glorious praise.
Say to God, "How tremendous are your deeds!"
R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
or:
R. Alleluia.
"Let all on earth worship and sing praise to you,
sing praise to your name!"
Come and see the works of God,
his tremendous deeds among the children of Adam.
R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
or:
R. Alleluia.
He has changed the sea into dry land;
through the river they passed on foot;
therefore let us rejoice in him.
He rules by his might forever.
R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
or:
R. Alleluia.
Hear now, all you who fear God, while I declare
what he has done for me.
Blessed be God who refused me not
my prayer or his kindness!
R. Let all the earth cry out to God with joy.
or:
R. Alleluia
Similar in the face, but the hair is the big difference...  Her name given her by her cousin, Gus..."Rose Cry a Lot"
 
Rose hears her name each week at mass, too... "Rose again" from the creed has become her most beloved name.  It is so special that the kids recognize their names throughout the mass. I pointed up to the stain glass window and pointed out to Simon that St Simon is there beckoning him to become the Saint that is just him!
Now with 2 more in the family... this was the family picture 5 years ago.  The tree is now leafed out but it is dark cloudy and rainy and not the bright sunlight. 
Rose in the roses
Ruth with her baby girl 5 years ago..
5 years later still beautiful and with her newest baby girl, Joy Jean Jellybean, as her big sister, Rose calls her. 
Super special to have a new baby girl wearing the same dress that you wore. 
 
This is such a special word to me this day after Pat and I shared watching his life on EWTN last night.  We were so impressed by what formed him in the horror of Natzi overtaking his Poland and how he answered his call to the priesthood underground.  Love!
“The Gospel lives in conversation with culture, and if the Church holds back from the culture, the Gospel itself falls silent. Therefore, we must be fearless in crossing the threshold of the communication and information revolution now taking place.” Saint John Paul II
 
How I loved to read this and find that this is what I am blessed with by pouring my heart, mind and soul out in this blog!  I am thrilled that this new technology is here in my older years and that I have been allowed to share The LIGHT/The Truth in this way.  Each new day I am given to gift of pouring out my heart here led by the Word/Jesus!
No automatic alt text available.
The Word/Jesus fills each one of my days.  Every day in The Church fills me with more than I can ever take totally in... The Word, Sacraments, Saints, Our Lady, the rosary, the chaplet... what JOY comes to me with each new day in The Church!
Sweetness - Dave holding his baby sister on this 6th Sunday of Easter... David's First Communion was just 3 weeks ago, and the week after we celebrated our family mass with his Aunt Little Sister Hallel, here for her home visit for the first time in 4 years!
Joy with her Aunt Hallel 2 weeks ago.
 
Lord, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
And I will ask the Father,
and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always,
the Spirit of truth,"  How I love you and truly your Holy Spirit within draws me more and more to love and honor you above all else and how I burn to share that with all through this vehicle, my Family Soul Story/Choose LIFE!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart that I have this gift in my daily life. My family is the wind beneath my wings!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Mary showing me her baby kitten, Domino.  So much excitement in this house with the new baby kittens!
Not too cute yet, but they will start opening their eyes and getting soft and fuzzy.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Grandpa getting baby girl time before he headed out to do chores on a Sunday after we shared mass as a family and Sunday breakfast on the farm surrounded by family and baby kitties and the sound of goats in the shed that greeted us when we got out of the car.
Rose with her baby kitty on the 6th Sunday of Easter... next Sunday her eyes should be open.  Life goes on and changes as we watch little Joy start to look at us an smile at her new world around her.  LIFE is a gift!
Precious family time in this Easter Season...
Image may contain: 1 person
Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially ... (special intention).

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your gentle care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help all of us, Holy Mother, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever.

Amen.
Image may contain: one or more people and text 
 
Hills and Valleys
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
 


No comments:

Post a Comment