Sunday, May 14, 2017

"prayer and ministry of the Word/wonderful LIGHT/ Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the LIFE!"

The last of the lilacs graced my daughter, Ruth, with her 6 this mother's day morning.  Sharing mass... we had to rush the men home to continue wrapping up the farming/planting of soy beans.  It looked like our family breakfast was not to be.  The memories of our Pat and I being served breakfast in bed by the kids on mother's day and Father's day came flooding back.  Answer?  John headed in to pick up the wonderful mother's day feast and we gathered at Ruth's to have our celebration!
Mary fixing the strawberries by the command center and the farmer's sink, smokies, eggs and rolls make up our special meals for Mother's day and Father's day.  Our bed was right there under that window and the kids would come in with plates of food and sit on the end of our bed, and we would dig in.  I don't know how me managed it when we usually go to the early mass as we did today, but the fond memories are strong and it was great fun sharing it with Ruth and her 6 this morning in the bright warm sunlight!
Ruth didn't crawl back into bed, but she relaxed with 6 week old baby Joy by cow TV... with the last heifer having her calf yesterday... the cow TV has been turned off for the year.  Until next year... there is one late comer left, who might come and have her calf in front of our little red barn soon. 


The kids did the preparing of the food for mom...
Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there... most especially my mom, Nancy!  I love you mom!
Many years I have sold roses on Mother's Day... the last few years others have done it.  John and Paul sweetly bought me some.  I had to take a picture with a picture of my mom and the icon Pat and I gave his mother when we went to Rome about 14 years ago.  The gifts we have given have now come back to us with her death about 6 months ago, so it is full of her love along with the comfort that Our Spiritual Mother gives Pat and I in place of her loss.  Pat's first mother's Day without her, and we both thought of her at mass today.  "The first mother's day that we haven't stopped in at my mom's after Church.  I am good though, because I know she didn't want to be here and she was ready to be with Jesus."
Feeling very loved today with a most beautiful blessing at the end of mass today with Pat's hand on my shoulder and John holding my hand.  Sharing Jesus in His Body and Blood and Word and then to be honored along with my most precious Mother of God... nothing better! 
A wonderful bouquet of LIFE... this is the picture that fills me with so much happiness and JOY on this mother's Day 2017.  Soon my Maria will arrive with her 5 kids and husband, Captain Joseph, for a couple precious days before they head off to Washington State.  Another wonderful bouquet of LIFE.  Open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS... as St Peter says in the second reading today
You are "a chosen race, a royal priesthood,
a holy nation, a people of his own,
so that you may announce the praises" of him
who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.  I Peter 2:9
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Yes, there is nothing more wonderful than to see your children embracing the Truth that the Church calls us to in being open to LIFE and then raising them as LIGHTS!
A beautiful necklace gifted to me by John... with the best mother in the world that we share a profound LOVE for!  Thank you, dearest John!  How I love to have you sharing our family life with us these days as you continue to ask the Lord to show you his path, and you burn to share your story of finding faith through looking death in the eye/brain cancer.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html


Jesus, we are so blessed to share You in Word and Sacrament with Family each Sunday!  Reading the first reading from Acts today and envisioning the disciples...  "we shall devote ourselves to prayer
and to the ministry of the word."  How I burn to do this in each new day!   As Father reminded us, too.  "May others see in you Christ when they look upon you and the life you are living."  I see Christ in the new little ones in our family and how the older ones welcome them and care for them and love them.  That reveals the beauty of  the "wonderful LIGHT".  He allows that LIFE to go down the narrow path carrying/dragging our most Cherished Cross to eternal LIFE!  Jesus, is the Way, if only we embrace The Truth we find through His Bride, The Church!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
A week ago, and still such an amazing GIFT!   Help in my garden and this in my heart is all that I want or need... JOY in picture form!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Strawberry sundaes made with my strawberry freezer jam in return for helping grandma in her garden last evening on my beautiful porch!  It pays to help an old grandma!
Learning to help at a young age... Rose loves to be outside and helping!
Just call me grandma chicken farmer now... lined up at the feeder like the cattle when Pat feeds them. 
Asparagus from the ditch with our Sunday/Mother's Day dinner tonight. 
Image may contain: 1 person, text
All of my married daughters have a baby daughter now.  LOVE to see them so fulfilled and peaceful when they hold them close!
Image may contain: one or more people and text




Image may contain: 1 person, text




https://churchpop.com/2017/05/13/meaning-third-secret-fatima-ratzinger/  Pope Benedict XVI... not the end times but a warning
“The future,” he writes, “is not in fact unchangeably set, and the image which the children saw is in no way a film preview of a future in which nothing can be changed. Indeed, the whole point of the vision is to bring freedom onto the scene and to steer freedom in a positive direction. The purpose of the vision is not to show a film of an irrevocably fixed future. Its meaning is exactly the opposite: it is meant to mobilize the forces of change in the right direction.


Those who expected exciting apocalyptic revelations about the end of the world or the future course of history are bound to be disappointed. […]
“What remains was already evident when we began our reflections on the text of the ‘secret’: the exhortation to prayer as the path of ‘salvation for souls’ and, likewise, the summons to penance and conversion.
In other words, the message of Fatima is not that people should be concerned with predictions, but that they should draw closer to God.









No comments:

Post a Comment