Monday, June 19, 2017

"Did you say the Eucharist was God? I want Him!"

Taken on Dad's 90th with brother, Jim, and sister, Carol, both of whom I got to spend time with this father's day weekend...


I admit I had this first selfie with my dad in mind this past weekend, and tried to outdo it, but I guess you can't make it happen.   This was my dad's 90th, and now he is 92.  I have both my parents sharp of mind and aging in body, but still living independently together and so grateful for that.  Due to a great-niece's graduation, my Goddaughter's her mom... I had a great reason to spend a couple wonderful days with my parents in their peaceful and comfortable home about 4 hours away from the farm.  And Sunday being Father's Day... it was the best!!! 
Our attempt after mass with soon-to-be Blessed Solanus Casey out in the gathering space after mass at St Michael's in Stillwater.  Solanus was a powerful part of our cancer journey/healing of John 8 years ago which started on Father's Day 2009!  How appropriate that Blessed Casey should be looking over our shoulders on this anniversary day. 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
The pinnacle of our weekend was sharing mass on the Feast of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ!  My parent sat next to the mother of a visiting priest, who concelebrated the mass.  It was accentuated by a wonderful homily after the amazing readings including John 6:51-58!  Father spoke of many wonderful stories including a recent wedding where he had announced that we as Catholics believe that this is God, and so please cross your hands over your chest and come forward for a blessing.  "Afterwards there was a man with his son, who wanted to talk to me; "I have never heard that this was God before.  I want to receive that!"  The tears were rolling down my face as he shared being on a NET retreat at 16 and the boy next to him weeping openly when the monstrance with Jesus was brought around in front of each one.  How when he consecrated his first mass, he felt the host to become like a beating heart!  So powerful and all were on the edge of their seats, so imagine how Eucharist came alive for us!  "Whoever eats this bread will live forever."  John 6
The gathering space at St Michaels has this glass roof with the sky above... we certainly knew that Heaven had just come down to join with us on earth!
Meeting Father Kevin was a delight!  Realizing that he was just a year younger than Susan/Hallel and discovering that he has studied at St Thomas in Catholic Studies, and Seminary, and studied in Rome and was introduced to The Community of the Lamb by Fr Carrola while studying there.  He knew who Susan was, and also my son-in-law Joseph, so that was a delight to share that piece with him!  "They wear those blue habits."  Now my parents and his mother Ann know that there is an actual connection they share.  It is always so special to feel the hand of God upon us in our lives!
Every minute of my visit was wonderful... I love to sit and visit with my wise parents, knowing that they are embracing The Way, the Truth and the LIFE along with me as we love The Church and follow all that the Magisterium teaches us and asks us to follow in our lives. 
I sat up with my dad and he shared so much with me, that I told him I should sit there and take notes!  I adore that he is sharing more with me about how he loves Mary more and more and knows that all The Church shares about her is True! 
With a joyful smile on his face he looked up at Our Lady of Guadalupe on the wall and repeated the Hail Holy Queen pointing out that she is there for us as we carry our Cross through life down the narrow path to reach heaven forever with Jesus and Mary and the Saints!  "There is a lot of darkness and hardship in the Hail Holy Queen."  He also talked about the Angelus and we looked up the final prayer from The Angelus;

Let us pray: 
Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts; that we, to whom the incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection, through the same Christ Our Lord.
Amen. 
How I love to sit at his feet and glean from his deep faith!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
It is so true that we must pass through the Cross to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT, and Jesus gives us his Mother, Mary, at the foot of the Cross to bring into our homes!  Then he asks us to take up our own cross and follow after him, so that we will die to self and allow him to live in us!  There was also lots of talk of humility and forgiveness, which are hard and all important in our going forth and following Jesus!
My dad reading The Magnificat before mass... thanks to him, Pat and I now subscribe to it and use it morning and night for prayer and do the readings the night before as well as in the morning before he goes out the door to the farm, and I send him off with; "Goodbye, honey, have a nice day."
Dad sweetly makes me breakfast... such precious times with my parents!

http://www.themichigancatholic.org/2017/05/pope-francis-announces-fr-solanus-to-be-declared-blessed/  An article about the process and life of Venerable Solanus Casey, who will be blessed in Detroit later this year.  How we rejoice at the news as he has become a huge part of our healing for John.  No, he wasn't miraculously instantly healed when we prayed over him with a relic during 8a mass in October of 2009, but he certainly walked with us and lifted us up in prayer along with our prayer warriors!  Blessed Solanus, show us how to embrace humility and trust in Jesus no matter the cost!
My parents together is such a gift to us all!  My sister in law visiting for Father's Day shared that we were certainly blessed to have such a wonderful holy father still with us and with his new ability to hear due to chochlear... able to visit and teach and uplift and pray and share his wisdom led by the Holy Spirit, which animates and fills his heart , mind and soul with The Truth! 


The Gospel today...from the Sermon on the mount in Matthew 5... turn the other cheek, give over and above what is asked of us... this is lived out in my parents lives!
Listening to grandson, Danny, (my Godson) play his recital piece for mom and dad.


Jesus, there are so many blessings I am given with time with my wonderful parents sharing the Faith we share!  How can I not with each Father's Day, Mother's Day, birthday, anniversary not thank them over and over for allowing The Holy Spirit to direct us on the path to the Catholic Church?  As Father reminded us clearly yesterday... "The Catholic Church is where we receive Jesus in His Body and Blood, and no where else!"  Oh my Jesus, you are God and you come into me so intimately!  I am yours!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Love this so much from 2 years ago... Bless-bless, Barbara Luke


"Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen."  How I loved to watch my dad pray this as he looked at the miraculous image of Our Lady of Guadalupe!
Image result for image of our lady of guadalupe
She comes to help us follow her Son!


Really experienced this yesterday!
Image may contain: 2 people, text


Image may contain: text


Image may contain: one or more people and text


Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and text


Natalie Grant - King of the world



Image may contain: 1 person, text


Danielle Rose - True Love/the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment