Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Hospice/Michigan/France... touching heaven and bearing fruit that will last.

This was taken about 6 years ago in France... our faces aglow with the powerful experience of watching 6 take their habit and change their names in The Community of the Lamb!  Not our daughter, Hallel, she was to take her first vows the following morning and the reason for us making the trip.  John and I had made the trip 2 years before to see Susan come in in her habit for the first time and to hear her new name, Little Sister Hallel, for the first time!  Pat was unable to join us as it all happened in 24 hours, but he now knew the power of the transformation and had tears come to his eyes.
Time in a sunflower field just next to Saint Pierre...

Why am I dipping back into this time?  It has been a morning of great waves of memories starting with one of Michigan 3 years ago today, when I arrived to find Maria and her family at the Big Lake for our 2 wonderful weeks of family time supreme!  I had been thinking with the 4th just days away that we would be going to Michigan just about now... and so the memories come rushing back.  I also came across a sharing about France I had done on this day about 4 years ago, and that mingled in filling me with more touches of small slices of heaven we are given on our journey here on earth!
Yes, Pat's 92 year old mother made the trip!  We miss her always willing and excited to be a part of our lives!

I had a lot of errands to make this morning, so enjoyed my beads traveling through my fingers in my chapel on wheels!  I accidentally took a road that added 10 miles across country to my trip, and brought me past a house where I had a patient for hospice years back and sat with her family as she passed from this earth.  I found myself making the sign of the cross as I passed it, and the deep memoires of all my years in hospice flooded me, and finally I was able to be part of my dear beloved mother-in-law for her 20 months on hospice.  I knew early on in my nursing that I loved hospice... I am a deep person and like to get down to deep sharing and get the superficial out of the way!  Looking death in the eye certainly does that... it gets down to Faith and Family at that point, and that is where I am comfortable and like.  Death is merely a part of life that we all will face.
John and I in the shadows... John's second trip to France and now 2 years cancer free! 

Today is St Irenaeus and the Gospel from Matthew about the good tree bearing good fruit/"by their fruits you will know them."  So many of the feasts and readings each day remind me of our clinging to Jesus and trusting in our early days of realizing that we had no control after John got brain cancer and grandson, Patrick, was born dead and brought back to life... cross after cross!
I apologize if it seems like I go back to this too much, but that Cross has brought us to a place of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT with each new day!
Hallel introduces two 92 year olds to each other... Little Sister is still alive, and mom is now gone for 6 months!

Jesus, how I love you and am so blessed by the powerful moments when heaven is touching us on this journey!  It seems as though my path has been climbing a narrow steep mountain pass this day twisting back and forth through many powerful experiences I have been given through my deep and powerful years of hospice work, my wonderful glorious family bonding crazy times sharing our cabin in my beloved Michigan and also France where our daughter became a Little Sister of the Lamb/your bride/a contemplative nun/your Word came to LIFE in our lives more and more as they "chew" your Gospel with each new day starting the night before!  My cup is overflowing this day and the fruit is ripe and good and filling me to overflowing with so much good and happiness as I embrace my Most Cherished Cross and find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Our Lady of Lourdes helped John come to her Son and His Bride, The Church!  We share that love, and this mother is not jealous one bit when he tells me.  "I love you, mom, but she is the best mom of all!"  I agree 100%.
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Doing morning prayer with John and Pat this morning and reading from John 1 as St Irenaeus was a disciple of St Polycarp, who had followed St John the Evangelist... how I love this canticle they used for morning prayer!
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.

All things came to be through him,
and without him nothing came to be.
What came to be through him was life,
and this life was the light of the human race:

the light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness has not overcome it.
The true light, which enlightens everyone.
was coming into the world.

And the Word became flesh
and made his dwelling among us,
and we saw his glory,
the glory as of the Father's only Son,
full of grace and truth.
So amazing on this powerful day of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT/the good fruit which shows the world the Way, the Truth and the LIFE!
Yes!!!
Image may contain: grass, nature and outdoor
“Holiness consists simply in doing God’s will, and being what God want us to be.”
--St. Therese

Today glory in the simplicity of it all. A blade of grass is not called to be anything other than what it is. And neither are you.
...
You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Just as you are. Right in this moment.

Rest in the arms of the Lord today. Ponder his will for you. Ponder the plan he wrote on your heart when he created you.

And grow in the warm, abundant love of God.
See More

Nancy's beautiful sharing today!
Therese on the beach 3 years ago... the sand had appeared!
It is hard for me to say goodbye to this part of my family life... Lord, help me to trust in your new plan for our vacation family time.  As Big Dave asked a few days ago; "Now where will be go grandma?"  There is always the county fair David and grandpa is talking about a big trip out to the West Coast to see Maria and Joe and family... lots of days in the car for that, but family in between.
Image may contain: 2 people, text
Both give us what we need to go forward down the narrow path. 
Just because it is so pretty -a street in Portugal
Danielle Rose - Memorare
Hills and Valleys



No comments:

Post a Comment