Monday, June 26, 2017

"journeyed on by stages..." Genesis 12

Ruth's two youngest today.  Joy is such a good little girl, and slept all night til 7a this morning.  It is so wonderful for her mom to get a good night's sleep with her busy household to care for and all that goes on with the farm and family each day.  Thank you, Joy Jean, for being such a little angel.  Grandma sure enjoyed your sweet smiles this morning. 
Yes, we got hail to start our day early Thursday morning, and today about 30 farmers gathered in out shop to get all the information they need to figure out what they should do about it.  Farmers certainly know that they have no control about the weather, and you pick yourself off and dust yourself off and then figure out what you can do with what you are given each year. 


Today the readings were a good reminder of how we are being called to go forward according to the plan Jesus has for us.  Looking back at my life and how I continually asked the Lord to show me my path, and there were definitely twists and turns along the way... considering religious life was part of what brought me into The Church with my family of 13, then being told that the sister giving me direction was leaving the order and getting married seemed to make my desire evaporate, then meeting my farmer, but now I have a daughter, who is a nun, a lot due to my call and encouraging all of my children to consider this amazing option of priesthood or religious life!  Yes, Hallel also heard the call and answered with the "yes" of her entire life for her LOVE, Jesus Christ, her spouse!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/susan-angela-agneslittle-sister-hallel.html
Rose in her Sunday dress biking up the driveway on a cool Sunday!


These words about Abram "journeyed on by stages" from Genesis today after the Lord led him to the promised land and to make of him a great nation.  Yes, we certainly journey down the narrow  path by stages set by our station in life, or our age and point of family life.  I was sharing with someone this morning  how great it is to have the young family here now, and that it is a special gift to us that we can experience it over again.  Yet, I still can come home to my quiet home, and do not have the responsibility of it 24/7.  Yes, there have been stages of my nest years and now my being put out to pasture and allowing the younger ones to help out on the farm.
It is fun to see Ruth getting her kids to help put the clothes on the line and off...COL!  I was telling the kids at lunch that I washed my diapers for 5 kids and put them on the line every day!  They gave me some crazy looks, because their vision of diapers would be a very bad mess in the washer.  "They were cloth and nice and white, and your mom put many on the line for your Uncle Johnny."  I always had a good feeling to have a baby in the house and to see that diapers blowing in the wind on the clothes line every day.  I would have at least 2 loads of wash a day with the whites or light load and the farm clothes load.  Now I am down to about one a day.  But I still enjoy my clothesline time.  I will never be totally out of that stage, but no more diapers for sure!
What a delight to watch the stages of life with a new little one in our midst.  Each day she engages with us more with her sweet smiles and looking into our eyes! 


My day has escaped me and my rosary is calling me along with the lawnmower and garden full of weeds. I cling to my prayer time each day, and withstand some judgment and criticism over it.  I know that the plank in my eye is huge and causing me to not see clearly most especially with those the closest to me in my domestic church/family.  Lord, I need you and cling to you as I blindly go forth from this stage of my life on to the next.  I lay my burdens at your feet in the confessional and then I pray that I will return the Mercy that I have been shown by you.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
What stage of the journey is this one?  Old and grey and gimpy reminding me of how weak I am, O Lord.  A bouquet of radishes is pretty indeed.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Cute to watch them playing so nicely and kindly together.
Suddenly Rose was whispering in Luke's ear... "What did she tell you?"  "She has to go to the bathroom."  Some things are private, I guess...

Joy is used to a noisy house... 3 brothers wrestling right behind her don't get her too upset at all.  "She is the best baby in the world!" says her mom. 
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text
Yes!!!
Image may contain: 1 person, beard, eyeglasses and text
BEATIFICATION DATE SET!

The Michigan Catholic reports Father Solanus Casey will be beatified on Saturday, November 18th, 2017 at Ford Field in Downtown Detroit, Michigan.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text
Happy Feast Day
Saint Josemaría Escrivá
1902-1975
Feast day: June 26

José María Mariano Escriva Albás was a Roman Catholic priest from Spain who founded Opus Dei, an organization of laypeople and priests dedicated to the teaching that everyone is called to holiness and that ordinary life is a path to sanctity. He was canonized in 2002 by Pope John Paul II, who declared Saint Josemaría should be "counted among the great witnesses of Christianity."
https://www.portraitsofsaints.com/collections/all/all-images-st-josemaria
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting
The Little Mermaid is done and John won the leg wrestling competition! 
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, sky, cloud, outdoor and text
The original Wonder Woman
I am smiling ear to ear!  John and I so agree with this... "She is the best mom, right mom?"  Yes!!!







Image may contain: 1 person, text

No comments:

Post a Comment