Friday, June 30, 2017

Morning prayer... all about John and Susan/Hallel! "It's about all of us!"




I really did make an attempt to get some good pics of Susan/Hallel and John together while she was here 2 months ago, but...  So I swallowed my pride and went back 4 years to find this gem.  It is wonderful to see Pat's mother, too, who has been such a huge part of our family life as she has always lived close by, and was super interested in anything and all that was going on in our lives.  We miss her mightily!


To me Hallel and John go together hand in hand down the narrow path carrying/dragging their most Cherished Cross and following Jesus!  Why?  They are my two youngest children, bound together by all the losses that surrounded them... two between them including the one I lost when my sister, Mary, died and 3 after John including 2 boys which I carried 5 months each and are buried at the foot of Pat's mothers and father's graves.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Susan was always so protective and really helped me with John... with the 2 losses between them it became a long stretch (3 1/2 years) and how she loved and cared for and saved the life of her baby brother!  There is a story in the family of us standing in the yard one day, and suddenly Susan said "Where's John?"  We looked up to see him going into a shed where he heard a tractor running as Pat was backing out.  We all ran and saved him in the nick of time!  She was always looking out for him, and it carried over to school where John would watch in awe of how Susan was such an example of Christian caring and gave to all!  He wrote a paper called Mama Bluey about how they would go to school in the old blue mini van and be "head banging" to Christian music. 
Seeing each other for the first time 4 years ago as John came home in between snow storms!

Of course, their two journeys of answering "yes" to their Faith... Hallel to become a bride of Christ and John embracing his cross called brain cancer... were so intertwined and tied them together and continues to be a deep bond.


John and Hallel with the 15 - 3 of which are John's Godchildren!

Morning prayer/the office today was filled with much Hallel and John this day, but John also pointed out that it applies to all of us as we seek to follow his narrow path laid out before us to find Heaven forever with Jesus, Mary and all the Saints!
We were thrilled to find the 3rd psalm today was an Hallel Psalm - 147!  The heading explaining the hymn was from Revelations 21:9 - Come, I will show you the bride of the Lamb.  After shouting with Joy - Hallel!  for the psalm and then to read that and say - "that is Hallel!"
The 5 with spouses and a cup on her face!

Then this was followed by this reading from Galatians 2:19-20
"I have been crucified by Christ, and the life I live now is not my own; Christ is living in me. I still live my human life, but it is a life of faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
John and I both marveled at how this described his journey of finding Faith through brain cancer.  John also reminded me that we are all called to this, and he longs to help others come to Faith through his sharing with them as a motivational speaker!  His time away in Chicago to make a splashy video to promote his calling is coming soon - July 11-14!
Godfather to new Joy!

The readings today are a powerful reminder that the Lord's timing and ours are not usually lined up or predictable... Abraham waited 100 years to have his son, and being one who cried through most of my cycles without a pregnancy... it seemed like an eternity waiting for your arms to have that little one to hold.  And the beautiful touching story of the leper today - "I will do it.  Be made clean."  in which we ask and it is done for us!  No matter the outcome we need to give our all to him without counting the cost and Trust!
Yes, it was a sunny day and they both were getting tired of me!

Jesus, yes we all need to be "crucified with Christ"/die to self so that we may go forth with "Christ living in me" and become your hands and feet and voice in the wilderness crying out how we need to find our "life of Faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."  May we share your Truth with LOVE and always trust in you having laid out the path before us.  If only we turn to you in our weakness  and cry out to you...   "Lord, if you wish you can make me clean."  Yes!  We can find that healing always in your Sacrament of Reconciliation and Eucharist!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Today John thanked the Lord for the wonderful parents his sisters and their spouses are to the children!  He too takes praying for them and being a loving and faith-filled uncle and God Father very seriously!  The home is our domestic Church where our Faith is passed on with JOY!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Walk this life with her in your home and helping you through the Rosary prayer!
"Hail Mary... help me from this crazy picture taking grandma!"
Image may contain: text

Image may contain: one or more people and text








Image may contain: one or more people
"Real love is demanding. I would fail in my mission if I did not tell you so. Love demands a personal commitment to the will of God."
--Pope John Paul II
A life of love requires that we pour ourselves out.
...
That we give more than we thought possible.
That we deny ourselves again and again.
Love, as JPII says, is demanding. It is demanding in the big ways and the little ways.
But love is our vocation. And it is only when we pour ourselves out that God is able to fill us up again.


Nancy and JPII's message for today!  So good!  LOVE it!
Danielle Rose - Small things with great love
Peter Mayer - Holy now

No comments:

Post a Comment