Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Spiraling out of control... a reminder that we are NOT in control!

My 3 baby granddaughters almost 2 months ago when they were all together for the first time!  Love this so much! 


Such a picture of what has become my theme for the day... we are not in control of our lives!  Why?  Because when you are open to adding new little ones to your domestic Church/family, you are dying to self so that you can love and serve your growing family over and above and raise them as LIGHTS as you share your faith with great JOY!
"O Joy!  Your hand is divine!"  "Thanks, Evangeline, and it is really nice that you don't have teeth yet." "O girls, you should grab your toes like me... they are tickly and make me laugh!"


A major time that this really hit me like a ton of bricks was exactly 8 years ago tomorrow on June 21, 2009 when we heard that our 20 year old son, John, had a tumor in his brain causing his double vision and fatigue.  http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html  The Gospel that Father's Day Sunday mass was Jesus calming the storm - Mark 4:35-40!  Calling Susan in France, she reminded us that Jesus is in control in the storms of life, and how that Truth filled us with hope in the face of all we faced over that next year!
Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling
This super fun picture came up on my memories from 2 years ago!  LOVE!  Our shop is clean and ready for the big breakfast happening in 2 days!


My morning has been chaos and the description of "spiraling out of control" hit me when I found myself still in my jammies giving Pat and ride and over at Ruth's waiting with the chickens still not fed, and someone picking rhubarb and coming to the door to thank me... still in my jammies at 10a due to so many interruptions and constant thoughts and prayers for a dear sister-in-law, who is facing heart issues, and John in tears as he and his aunt are both "miracles" having come through cancer in their teens and barely twenty!  So many emotions and knowing that my control has been taken out of my hands and really it was never in my hands!  Jesus, you are in control and we Trust in you!
David showing me the boy and girl "black kittens" they have acquired.  Ruth is hoping to find them a home at the breakfast.


There should be a certain amount of peace in our lives when we realize that we have to hand control over to Jesus.  It is hard, though, as we constantly forget and keep on trying to take it back or control this or that.  Where does it get us... down the wrong path or up a tree or in a big mess as we think we can make our lives what we want them to be.  Daughter, Nancy, has taken to heart that we do "small things" as humble servants in our domestic church/family and realize that this is how we can love and serve our Lord and be doing truly great things according to His Plan!  What is that plan for each one of us.. to follow Him carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross down the narrow path and coming to heaven forever with Jesus, Mary and The Saints!
Luke with baby Joy, taking her nap while mom cleans the garage today in prep for the big breakfast just 2 days away now.  Luke is helping his mom today, while older brother and sister, Simon and Mary are at 4H camp. 
A favorite statue of Mary with Jesus that is by my Jacuzzi in my new bathroom.  I sent this to my sweet Angela today as we both LOVE Our Lady, and she is our best girlfriend and I know that she is finding much comfort these days waiting for her open heart surgery either at the end of this week or the beginning of next week... with Mary the Mother of God with her!  How she loves the little ones, too!  The Lord blessed her with 3 boys in her window of fertility due to her cancer treatments in about a year and a half - Sam and then the twins, Phil and Stephen!  How they are all gathered around their mom and praying for her!  Please join us in prayer... all our wonderful prayer warriors!
Angela loves to make us laugh, and is a supreme kidder!  I sent this to her today as we both grew up in huge families, and this is a familiar scene growing up!  I met Angela before my brother, Dan, her husband, did... she would come over and play scrabble with me and my friend, who lived across the street from her when she was in her early teens!  Then to see Dan fall in love with her... I certainly approved and had very special bond that has continued on in our lives over these past almost 45 years!  A huge part of that is that our families see eye to eye on our Catholic Faith!   The most important part of our lives is Jesus and His Bride, The Church, with no reservations.
Ruth might be stuck with 2 more kittens... they look like they are getting pretty attached.




Powerful words today about loving our neighbor!  It becomes very evident to me that if you hold a grudge and battle against an enemy, no matter how bad and in the wrong they are... it all blows up in your face when they attack and retaliate back at you.  It makes total sense that if you forgive and love rather than fight... that this disarms them more.  Fighting against them just makes it mushroom and more of a mess in the long run.  How Jesus in his total sacrifice overcame sin and death and brought us to the power and the glory of the Kingdom of God! 
"For you know the gracious act of our Lord Jesus Christ,
that for your sake he became poor although he was rich,
so that by his poverty you might become rich."  2 Corinthians 8
The first reading from mass today!  Followed by an Hallel Psalm - Psalm 146!
Praise the LORD, my soul!
I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God while I live.
R. Praise the Lord, my soul!
"Luke, I am trying to sleep here."


Then the Gospel!!!  From the Sermon on the Mount/Matthew 5
"But I say to you, love your enemies
and pray for those who persecute you,
that you may be children of your heavenly Father,
for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good,
and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust."  Jesus giving us the plain and black and white Truth he is asking of us to follow and observe! 
"Mom, take my picture here with Mary."


Jesus, may we follow your commands and know that our goal is to be forever with you in heaven.  May I die to self and give over all the control to you!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke  I am so lucky to have my parents still with me! 
Image may contain: one or more people and text


Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and text


Image may contain: one or more people
Nancy small things each day with LOVE!
Image may contain: one or more people and text
The summer musical with John and granddaughter, Mary!













No comments:

Post a Comment