Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Calming the storms of our lives - Jesus is in control!

Wishing you all a wonderful 4th of July today!  We were blessed with unexpected family time as my brother and family came to the farm for the first time in years!  So fun to share our wonderful life with them!  May all your family times be equally great!
It gave me the reason to make the traditional flag cakes, which we have made in Michigan over these probably last 20 years.  Thanks Jim and family for helping us to have a 4th of July holiday in the midst of this busy time on the farm. 


The Gospel today was the version of Jesus calming the storm from Matthew 8... how can I not go there?  This was the reading on Father's day 8 years ago from Mark, and when we were stunned by the news that John had a tumor in his brain and called France to tell Susan/Hallel, and she reminded us that "this is the storm and Jesus is in control." 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
Sharing a meal in the shop as we were almost 20 sharing some meals.  The dog loves the left overs...


Lord, I am yours and need you to help  me through the storms of life.  I am weak and I am sick and I am knocked around... that is when I turn to you, my Lord!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb




Image may contain: 1 person, text





Image may contain: 1 person, text


Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting


Image may contain: 2 people, text

No comments:

Post a Comment