Sunday, July 16, 2017

"groaning in labor pains... My Word shall do my will." Romans/Isaiah

John with his oldest Godson, Big Dave, who is celebrating his 9th birthday today... sharing mass as a family and then birthday breakfast out on the beautiful new porch with our rolling pastures/farmland as a backdrop.  I have instantly fallen in love with the view to the East - where the rising sun lights up our world... I would walk through the house to catch the sunrise through the huge picture window, which still is there, most days in this house, and now the porch will also afford that view for our young growing farm family!
So beautiful on so many levels!  The carpenters told Ruth that it will look like the porch has always been there, and it is true!  It took a year and a half, but I knew that someday Pat would sit out there have a huge smile on his face and know that this was meant to be! 
Trying to make a wall to keep the wind from blowing out his candles on his doughnut cake for his breakfast birthday!  A family coming together to help Dave celebrate!  We love you, David!
Dave is now out helping with tying up the fair calves and then they are taking Simon to Celebrate Me camp for the week.  Tomorrow there will be the arrival of our foreign exchange student from 2001, who has been driving up from Brazil for the last months!  Just got a call from Nancy and family that they will be coming in a week to the farm for about 4 days!  So excited to have them here... it has been close to 3 months since they were here!
Sharing mass as a family is so important and special to Pat and I... with John living with us, and Ruth with her family of 8 just 3 miles away... mass at 8a in our beautiful church is such a wonderful way to start our new week of following our Jesus and all that The Church teaches us to help us get to heaven forever with Jesus, Mary and The Saints!  We are called to believe it all and not pick and choose. 
The only fake plans that I have with Breno and his fiancĂ© is to bring them to mass tomorrow night so that he can see how beautiful our church is since the remodel.  David also got a blow up boat from Camden and that means we will be spending some time there, too.  I know that Breno has some memories there as well as following Pat around the farm. I know that he is going to be amazed and shocked to see the farm house now after the remodel and the wonderful addition  of the porch!
Sweet baby Joy wearing a hand me down from Evangeline... she just wore it 3 months ago when Hallel was here!
Just like yesterday... such a gift to me and is now on my wall to remind me of all my blessings - 5 here with me and 7 in heaven praying for me... I must need a lot of help!  Looking at the one I gave birth to make the words of the second reading from Romans 8 fill me with Truth!
"We know that all creation is groaning in labor pains even until now;
and not only that, but we ourselves,
who have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
we also groan within ourselves
as we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies."  How I groan for my Lord and to be all HIS!
How we miss this little beauty, who lived with us for almost 5 months!  I had to send a picture of Joy in this dress to Maria today... she was happy to see it!
How I long to get the 3 new granddaughters together again?  Next week Joy and JoJo will be able to hang out.  The word is that Josephine is walking and I am sure that Evangeline will not be far behind her!  The hair is missing here, and the report is that Joy eyes are turning brown and not blue like her look alike David.  She is all her own and such a wonderful little girl - "You just have to have 6 to have that perfect baby that sleeps all night at 2 months old."  reported Ruth to a new mom holding her first child.  Her friend looked amazed or confused or something on that order... Being open to life and raising them as lights is what we are called to do in our family/domestic Church!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
You have to expect this from John!


The sower and the seed is the glorious Word/Gospel/Jesus to us this day!  My deep prayer without ceasing is for Jesus to do his Will in this world, and for changes and awakening of hearts!  "so shall my word be
that goes forth from my mouth;
my word shall not return to me void,
but shall do my will,
achieving the end for which I sent it."  Isaiah 55:11 from the first reading at the 15th Sunday of Ordinary time at mass today... How I pray for fruit to come from what I shout from the rooftops each day here!  Use me Lord to your honor and glory.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
#6 is a wonderful one to be!  So loved and bringing newness of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT into our family!  We love you Joy Jean Jellybean! 
Image may contain: text


Image may contain: 2 people, child, closeup and outdoor
From 3 years ago... how I love to have my grandchildren considering this wonderful choice!
Image may contain: 1 person, text
I love Jesus and all else is as nothing to me!
No automatic alt text available.
Yes Jesus is The Word!
Danielle Rose - Pursue me


















No comments:

Post a Comment