Saturday, July 15, 2017

"Speak in the LIGHT!" Jesus to us


Never a dull moment served with lots of love and JOY... seems to be a good way to describe life on the farm these days.  Joy is now 3 1/2 months old and seems to love their new porch and the new chairs on the porch and the activity of brothers and sister, dogs and kittens, and excitement over tomorrow going to the water park an hour and a half away, and finding their first beets for supper... big ones and white one too!
Joy has found her wonderful chubby fingers and loves to put them in her mouth and smile at grandma at the same time.  Mom got her a special swim ring so that they can enjoy the lazy river today while the bigger kids are going down the slides with dad and Uncle John.  I am enjoying some quiet time and helping Pat with rides, picking up parts and meals while he is out cutting hay in the heat!
I have fallen in love with the reflections from the huge 8 foot patio door and the newly stained and varnished ceiling on their new porch... the view of the pastures out the front is a special sight to behold and then there is sweet baby Joy so peaceful and good as the 6th child in their family!
Joy is curious about the baby kitten and tries to reach out.  Luke and I discussed how lucky he is to have lots of brothers and sisters as he stroked first Joy's head and then that of the kitten.  Life of a big growing family on the farm is wonderful indeed!


Jesus speaks to us in Matthew 10 today as he sends us forth..."What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light; what you hear whispered, proclaim on the rooftops."  This is so true in my life and that of my family... my miscarriages, John's cancer, Grandson, Patrick born dead and brought back to life, all of our struggles and hard things in life are words and messages we hear strongly and powerfully in the dark and we then "speak them in the light" hoping that others may be helped in similar places! 
A picture of LIFE!  Beets, kittens, a brother with two sisters, dogs and beautiful porch.  It is so fun to see the kids excitement at the food they are growing in the garden... "Look at these big beets grandma!"  Ruth had them on the stove and in their tummies for wonderful farm supper - growing in the garden just a half an hour ago!


I sure love to read the words about how we hear small whispers and then are called to proclaim that Truth from the roof tops!  I feel that this blog is that for me!  I love love, love Jesus and His Bride, The Church and I want to shout it from the rooftops each day!  How does He whisper to me each day, so that I have so much to share that I can do it daily?  Through Jesus in The Word, The Sacraments, The Saints - yesterday St Kateri, today St Bonaventure, my time walking the narrow Path with Mary and my rosary prayer ( I have already had time in my chapel on wheels and gotten in a couple decades which fill me such peace and joy!), praying with my husband and son, reading inspirational life-news and other Catholic sharing... so much!  My cup overflows each and every day with more than I can grasp and take in!
Joy is not too sure about her first beet.  I predict that she will love vegetables like her mom and siblings!  Healthy and happy kids!
I am having some time with my husband getting him to the tractor and picking up parts, and soon he will call for me to bring him some lunch and beverage on this hot day.  It is good to be back home.  The black beauty has left filled with excited family off to the water park for this hot Saturday! 


I am lifted up lately by a lot of good support for what I share here.  I do feel that it is a small ministry and "speak in the light" is hopefully a good way to describe it.  For John, too, it is what he is burning to do now that he has found healing of his brain cancer and finding FAITH!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
Bloomed out alfalfa is pretty and very thick this year.  "The cows won't leave any of that behind this winter."
Pat protecting his ears and his eyes on this blazing hot day! 


Lord, be with all this day and keep them safe.  May we share the Truth no matter the cost!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Corn as tall as me, and an ocean of green soybeans as far as you can see.  Such beauty and bounty is awe inspiring.  Doing the work of feeding the world is a honor and a privilege and a lot of work, too!
A glorious sight!
Thick hay!
Love beautiful work of art squash blossoms - soon zucchini!
Guilty dog picking and eating my beans!  They know what it good!
The beet dance of JOY!
Image may contain: one or more people and text


Image may contain: text


Image may contain: text



https://aleteia.org/2017/07/13/praying-this-litany-will-give-you-peace-about-the-past-and-future/?utm_campaign=english_page&utm_medium=aleteia_en&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1499977567
A litany to bring you peace...

Litany of Trust

From the belief that I have to earn Your love
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear that I am unlovable
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the false security that I have what it takes
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear that trusting You will leave me more destitute
Deliver me, Jesus.
From all suspicion of Your words and promises
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the rebellion against childlike dependency on You
Deliver me, Jesus.
From refusals and reluctances in accepting Your will
Deliver me, Jesus.
From anxiety about the future
Deliver me, Jesus.
From resentment or excessive preoccupation with the past
Deliver me, Jesus.
From restless self-seeking in the present moment
Deliver me, Jesus.
From disbelief in Your love and presence
Deliver me, Jesus.
From the fear of being asked to give more than I have
Deliver me, Jesus.









No automatic alt text available.

No comments:

Post a Comment