Monday, June 22, 2015

We have put our hope in you... Psalm 33

Praying with my two men this morning after a night of storms and great amounts of rain... 3 inches!  A theme permeated our morning prayer - hope in Jesus and knowing that he is in control and has a plan!  I am hugely aware of how the Word has returned to 6 years ago when we were in great shock at the discovery of John's brain cancer.  How I remembered reading and marveling at the words of this Gospel while we sat in Sioux Falls and prayed and prayed and prayed.  Matthew 7 - the splinter in the eye of your brother when you have a beam in your own eye!

Why did this ring in my heart and soul then and now echoes of the Lord ministering to us once again?  I had thought that John's vision changes were due to an eye injury where he had gotten a stick in his eye about 8 years before, and now to discover that it was something/ a tumor in the center of his brain!  The storm had hit and Jesus was in control!  

How does this apply to where we find ourselves today?  It is a powerful reminder of how The Word was with us on our journey and continues to be Jesus ministering to us in our lives to this day!

I had thought to go back to old pictures from 6 years ago, but rather am using some taken over the weekend - the here and now!  I am called out on the carpet for dwelling too much in the past, and maybe I do.  But when we continue to deal with the new John as a result of his brain cancer... it is always present with us.  He is now in therapy and this is important to deal with what he has lost and to find the path we all know is there for him.  How do we recover from this huge game changer?  

I have found lately that I am in a more peaceful place when it comes to what is in store for John's future.  I know that there is a wonderful plan, and that John has experienced this so that he may share his Faith with the world around him.  He does have burning desire to share his story of finding Faith through brain cancer with the world, and that is a true sign to me of what he will find to do in his future life.  

Looking at the Gospel with eyes of today - 6 years later and with so many touches from my Lord and Savior to all my many prayers - grandson, Patrick, and all the ups and downs that come with life.  I think of all the wonderful retreat experiences I have been blessed with both TEC and Emmaus, and my wonderful weekly adoration time with Jesus in the monstrance which is a mini-retreat in the midst of my Faith/Family/Farm/never a dull moment life!  My family prayer - usually morning prayer with first Pat and then John... such an amazing hope filled start to each day!  I hope and pray that the words of the Gospel are becoming more and more true for me in my life - that I am judging others less and that I am working on getting that beam out of my own eye!  I find that Pope Francis and his message of mercy is having a work on me and some of my ingrained judgmental attitudes!


Luke and Rose up on the second floor of the new shop - a great railing to keep them safe built by thier dad.  

Lord, I fall at your feet and beg that I can improve with each day of following after you.  It is such a blessing to have you in your Word always with us and showing us the radical path we are called to follow.  It is so hard not to judge - most especially those in our domestic Church/family.  Those who are the closest to us are the ones we are critical of and most hard on.  May I do better this day - remembering how you have touched me in my life and brought healing and forgiveness and unconditional LOVE into my life called Faith/Family/Farm/never a dull moment.  You showed us how you honored Abram for always looking to you and trusting in your plan for him.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

A beautiful sweet Catholic couple married over the weekend... Celia and John. The speeches were filled with looking to Jesus in your life and all the rest will be according to His Plan!  So true!  
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

On the way to mass with Paul and his 5 yesterday.  Mary was filling their envelopes, writing their names on them, and the amount.  Once again such a great lesson on showing our love for Jesus and His Bride, The Church, by giving back to The Church!

The lone kitten left to look out the playhouse window...

A lone rose in the reflection of the LIGHT streaming into our beautiful church after mass yesterday. 

Ruth and her grandma Anna

A parting hug...



Happy Father's Day Joe!

And another gem just because!

St Thomas More pray for us and may we always stand up for the Truth no matter the cost!

John feels this way as does our entire family - John taught many how to pray..."He's healed!?!  My prayers worked!"
The wonderful movie - A Man for All Seasons... about St Thomas More

No comments:

Post a Comment