Monday, December 3, 2012

"such faith..." Jesus about the centurion - Matt 8

Yes, even after I had my boy... I still attempted to dress them alike/matching.  I made John a shirt out of the same fabric and a pair of shorts with suspenders in coordination with the girls!  This was for Maria's first communion day, and for the party at our house she got out of her white dresss and into this matchingness!  I think she was on the verge of histeria, as her mom drove her to it!  Yes, I even made the hair accessories, and didn't make John join in that! 
Well, it is the first Monday of Advent, and after sharing morning prayer and reading the readings for today together... it is a day to visualize a world that puts Our Lord first!  There was a booklet offered for Advent by Fr Robert Barron, so I might be mentioning him time to time too.  He is a voice of Truth in our Church!  I attended one of his video workshops about the Church with Nancy, when I was up to help her with the baby, Bernadette.  I recently bought a set of his series, so Pat and I will be taking the time to watch and learn and grow.  Today Fr Barron addresses the first reading about the Lord's mountain being the highest mountain, and all the world could put HIM first and stream up the mountain together.  "Advent is a wonderful time to dream, to stir up our desire for what God wants to give us both individually and communally.  When God is our highest value, God and God's ways will be for you the highest mountain, higher than your own ego, thoughts and preoccupations.  Symbolically, all the people Isaiah imagines streaming up the mountain stand for everything that is in you now ordered to this highest good - all your energy of mind, will, body, passion, your public and private life... It is the picture of ordered life."
The red plaid wool days - even I had a skirt made of it for myself.  It is no wonder that people still talk about the girls all dressed alike with ribbons in their hair... the girls included me!  This was also the time of bangs!  Recently there was a statement made that round faced girls shouldn't have bangs and suddenly my granddaughter, Mary's bangs disappeared - never to be seen again!  But aren't they adorable? 
It was cool today to read the words we now say just before receiving Jesus in the Eucharist as mass - "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof: only say the word and my servant will be healed."  Wow!  Seeing the scene of these words and how this man could put all his Trust in our Lord to answer his prayers for his suffering servant!  It is such a lesson of Faith in this year of Faith..."such faith" says our Lord to the crowds around him!  No matter where we find ourselves in life and what illness or hardships come our way - we need to have the faith of this centurion that the Lord is not only listening to our plea, but able to answer it no matter the crowd that is surrounding HIM! 

Here is another silly dressing alike picture I found... the girls on the swim team with their embarrassing mother!  Yes, the next year when Ruth graduated then Susan was on the swim team... the 4 missed being all on the team together by one year.  Yes, I am in a silly mood today, you might say.  Jesus, sometimes it just is too much to hold in... all the fun and goofiness that comes with LIFE with family.  It seems that the kids escaped from their home/domestic Church without too much lasting damage!  The other day in Kansas City... Ruth and Nancy even put up with me dressing their two girls alike!  So fun!

It seems that both girls are smiling about it, too!  Lord, may we have "such faith" to put all of our worries and hardships in your hands.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Halleluia

Bless-bless, Barb
"What I say to you in the darkness speak in the light, says the Lord, what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops."  Matt 10:27
St Francis Xavier, pray for us on this your feastday!

The tidal wave of BLUE that is showing us how to climb the mountain of God!  We rejoice!  America, there is HOPE for climbing into the LIGHT! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-hyn63jB4  Give and Take by Danielle Rose - the first song we heard her sing at NCYC about 9 years ago!  Lord, whatever it takes to allow us to be close to you... do it to me!

Families touched by YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment