Friday, March 25, 2016

A hard day - able to kiss The Cross- Good Friday 2016

Transferring the Eucharist at Holy Thursday mass last evening - The Knights show their love and respect for our Lord!

Such a hard day with two families moving into each other's homes. Exhaustion has overtaken me, and we are moved in enough to have a bed to sleep in and our clothes in the closet.  Now for the day to day unpacking of the two rooms Ruth has filled with my stuff.  STUFF is drowning me, and I am determined to sort it out and have much less when I am done. 
The carpeting in the bedroom yesterday, and our bed had one night there and now is moved in here. 
 A pair of Rose's socks and a child's glove were all that I left behind.  Now for a young family to now live on the farm and be true farm kids!  It will take a while to get all settled and make it their home and their life as a farm family.
Good Friday sunrise filled me with some sadness and dread at the day that lay ahead.  I just kept putting one foot in front of the other, and we got through with minimal arguments thankfully and only a couple calves came in the midst of our big move.
Our antique poster double bed looks small where Ruth and Paul's king was before, but it feels like home to us.  Yes, this room is so big that we have a couch on the end of our bed.  Now to bed..  I am so thankful that, although late, we were able to make it to Good Friday service and kiss the Cross that is the source of my salvation and through which I have found LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  Jesus, I love you and long to be with you forever in heaven.  This stuff that is drowning me is nothing compared to YOU in my life.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment