Tuesday, June 3, 2025

My Joy (Toy) story/I could speak for 20 minutes about Catholicism/Anniversary time for 4/"to bear witness to the Gospel of God’s grace." -+JMJ+

Joseph and Maria 18 years ago on their wedding day in St Paul.  June 2, 2007... now 18 years later Joseph is a Major in the army and they have 7 children from 17 to 4.  
Now on June 2, 2018 eleven years later John and Bobbi married on the same day!  It was the Feast of Corpus Christi, and they had a Mass at 4p so that all that attended would fulfill the Sunday obligation.  The wedding was in St Eloi in Ghent, MN, and Fr Craig officiated!  
They celebrated their first Anniversary with a 2 month old, Jude Dale!  Each one of our married children had a honeymoon baby - Open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS is the motto our family follows since our engagement weekend when my husband, Farmer Pat, wisely told me that "the world needs lights" when I asked him if we were being selfish to want a large family!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"  

Joy visiting with some sisters that are both in the nursing home.
I have such a sweet story about this girl, our farmgirl Joy Jean!  She asked me to help her get to an extra mass each week so that she could go on Sunday and another time like when she is in school.  Last week she went with me to Mass at 7a on Wednesday.  This week she went with me on Monday to the 10a Mass at the nursing home!  
My friend Marie is 94 and her sister, Margaret is 95.  They just live down the hall from each other in the nursing home.  They smiled and giggled at Joy's stories of her life on the farm.  They are both farm wives and had chickens and sold eggs.  Joy shared how she goes hunting for eggs every day from their free range chickens.  She also told them about her baby kittens spring and fall. 

Joy also shared with them the funny story of her name.  "When I was a newborn in the hospital the birth certificate came and it read 'Toy Lanoue' and my parents said that it is Joy not Toy.  They had read my mom's writing wrong.  They corrected it before they brought me home."  

And Joy fits her very well!  

Mass was full!  Joy liked how close we sit to Father Denny, and that we get to sit through Mass as for some it is not possible for them to stand and sit like we do at Mass.  "I liked it!"  I think we have a new tradition for the summer.  My ladies told Joy to come back again, and I think that will happen. 
Adoration at midnight June 2nd - I prayed for John and Bobbi and Maria and Major Joseph on their Anniversaries.  Put them in the monstrance with Jesus...
Therese prayed with me too.  She is special to both couples - Joe and Maria named their oldest daughter after her - Therese Marie!  She is Bobbi's patron Saint too!  

This girl is an amazing gardener, and after 2 weeks away from their home on Fort Riley - she got back to find her strawberry plants giving them lots of strawberries!  
Pope Leo ordaining his first priests on the Feast of the Visitation in Rome - 11 new priests for Rome!  
LOVE how Fr Mike makes things clear and beautiful!  

Our swim instructor asked each of us in Swim Aerobics what we would be able to talk about for 20 minutes.  Thinking about what fills me with excitement to share - my Catholic Faith including my conversion story and so much of the wisdom and beauty of the Catholic Church!  I said I could easily talk about "Catholicism!"   Yes!!!

The first reading from Acts today really spoke to me of how St Paul after encountering Christ on the Road to Damascus - spent his life and breath sharing The Gospel of God's grace!  

Yet I consider life of no importance to me,
if only I may finish my course
and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus,
to bear witness to the Gospel of God’s grace.  Acts 20

And from the Gospel today we are given the advocate of the Holy Spirit to...
Give glory to your son, so that your son may glorify you,
just as you gave him authority over all people,
so that your son may give eternal life to all you gave him.
Now this is eternal life,
that they should know you, the only true God,
and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ... John 17
This new Pope is making me smile and rejoice a lot!  

I was listening to a "Pints with Aquinas" episode the other day with Dr. John Bergsma as the guest. He said something truly profound, at least to me.
"What they (Protestants) find uncomfortable about the Catholic Church is that the Church does things that they would reserve to Jesus. And I think that's the crux of it. And what they're objecting to is that the Church acts like Mrs. Jesus.
It would be like, you know, my wife walks into the bank and cashes a check and the bank says, 'You can't do that. You're not John Bergsma.' But, wait, if she's really Mrs. Bergsma, she absolutely can. And if the Church is really Mrs. Jesus, then she absolutely can write checks on Jesus' account. She can act in persona Christi."
When I heard Dr. Bergsma say this, I thought, "That is so true! That's the crux of everything I objected to when I was Protestant." When I'd argue with my husband about confession, the pope, priests, all that, I was upset because I didn't see the Church as the bride of Christ.
When my husband was deployed, I had to act in his name several times. I could do this because I am his bride--his wife. We are one.
Christ is not walking around on earth anymore. He's fully present in the Eucharist, but not in the same way that He was physically present to the Apostles. He gave us the Church--His Bride--to act in His name.
If you take marriage seriously and see it as a true Sacrament, you will be in awe of the oneness of the married couple. Most people that know me well would tell you that they can't think about me without thinking about Dustin.
In our culture's quest to water-down marriage into nothing more than a legal contract or to make marriage just whatever configuration anybody comes up, we've lost the idea of the oneness.
Jesus is the Bridegroom, the Catholic Church--not a building, but the Body of Christ--is His Bride. We need the Church to administer the Sacraments using the correct matter and form, we need the Church to guide us to the Truth as new issues emerge through the ages, and we need her to dispense blessings on us from her treasury all in the name of Jesus.
Have a blessed Tuesday, Catholic Pilgrims.

Wow! This is so wonderful and The Truth!!!
6 year old Jude praying before Mass.  LOVE how the Catholic School is helping him to be aware of Jesus and reverent in Mass!  

18 years married and now they will be apart for a lot of this next year as Major Joseph is being deployed to Poland for 9 months! 
Married 7 years yesterday!  Happy Anniversary!  

The story of Bobbi waiting 10 years for John through brain cancer, seminary and the ups and downs of life after his battle with brain cancer is amazing!!! 
Peonies were blooming as they are today!
Maria and Joseph on their 11th Anniversary at John and Bobbi's wedding on their Anniversary!  
3 weeks later they could see Hallel in KCK!  This is the amazing story that Bobbi shared with Hallel as well with the 250 at her wedding reception.  Such a touching witness to waiting and trusting in the Lord's plan!!!  
 
After being classmates for all 13 years for them to come together 10 years after graduating is kind of special.  She shared to the 300 family and friends gathered at the reception in her sweet humble way about how John Verly popped into her head and heart when they were seniors in HS as her future husband.  Time and time again the same answer came to her through prayer and roses from St Therese and opening her eyes to see him right in front of her at WYD in Australia... When we consider what John experienced over those 10 years... brain cancer, seminary, girl friends, ups and downs and how disheartening it probably was and how powerful her prayers were for him!!!!  Amazing!!!   And how patient and trusting and prayerful and waiting and praying for John, this sweet girl was! 
The Joy table at Open Table with The Community of the Lamb in KCK 3 weeks after their wedding!  


Traveled to Glencoe for the graduation of a niece from HS.
Tommy - "My friends are here!"  
3 of the 5 together in Glencoe.
Ruth with 6 of the farm kids helped get my garden in ahead of the nice rain overnight!  A late mother's day gift.  Ruth reminded her kids that when she gets older - they need to remember to come and help her too.  There is something backwards about getting old and your kids are gone when you truly need and appreciate the help.  I so appreciate my Mother's Day help even on June 1st!  
Ruth made it quick and fun with a new tarp this year.  Thank you!!!  
Tom helping water the plants, too. 
Pat went and got another dozen tomato plants!  What can we say?!?  Some things never change!  
3 1/2 year old and learning how to help! My Tom!  
No longer pride month - now what truly matters - Sacred Heart of Jesus!  
Maria's patron Saint - St Clair is so right!  
Pope Benedict answers the question of bringing LIFE into the world here!  Yes!  Open to LIFE!  
A note my mom wrote in her prayer book on the day of John's Grooms dinner in the shop.  We grilled 65 wonderful steaks!  
He loved Our Lady!  St JPII!  
Getting rid of all that sad stuff celebrating sin!  
I am loving what I see so far!  
May we come to know your heart burning with LOVE for us!  
There is so much we are given by such amazing Saints!  

 
Super cute!!!  
 
The Truth upheld! 
Another Saint blessing us with Wisdom! 

Jesus and Mary my heart, mind and soul are full of your LIGHT and beauty!  May I die to self and serve without counting the cost.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus 13 in heaven.
"This Bread of the Strong gives me all the strength 
I need to carry on my mission and the courage to 
do whatever the Lord asks of me.  The courage
 and strength that are in me are not of me, 
but of Him who lives in me - it is the Eucharist."
St Maria Faustina of the Blessed Sacrament


"Sooner or later all creatures fail us...
He alone never deceives; 
He alone is faithful; 
He alone is the strength, 
the support, the unique Friend.  
Redouble your Eucharistic fervor!"
Fr Mateo Crawley-Boevey
__________________________

Remembering today: 
St Charles Lwanga 
and Companions
Martyrs of Uganda
1885-1887


St Charles Lwanga and Companions, 
pray for us!
The Gift of Mary's trails - Danielle Rose 
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
Hail Holy Queen - Danielle Rose
Hail Holy Queen/Salve Regina as sung by our Dominican Community of the Lamb in Night Prayer. Angels singing to Our Mother of heaven and earth!  
Hillbilly Thomists - Good Tree




No comments:

Post a Comment