Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Tuesday of Holy week/"The LORD called me from birth, from and in my mother's womb..."/changing plans and staying home - +JMJ+

Yes, I have my sweet buddy today!  He is posing for grandma in some bunny ears and my Easter tree behind him.  

Grandpa just called and is coming home for lunch and he will without a doubt get Tom up from his nap to join him.  On his lap without a doubt!  Some things never change from our kids when Pat would come home and have his lap full to grandkids of Ruth and Paul here on the farm - Tom is #7 so there are many down through the years that are grandpa's special little guys or girls.  

I had to be quick!  
So cute that grandma took way too many pictures of sweet Tom with the light in his eyes and the smile on his face.
I can't stop!!
I used a watercolor that Joy did in January for my butterfly this year devoted to our 23rd grandchild Lucy Marie.  Each new life brings more LOVE to our domestic Church/family!  

My Cross for 2023 has our 44th Anniversary as the centerpiece!  The icon I am holding is from Hallel's Community of the Lamb - "Wounded, I will never cease to love."  Also Jesus giving Mary to us as our Mother at the foot of the Cross, and the reminder that we are take up our Cross and follow Him!  And my favorite Icon of Jesus eating his Mother's chin out of total love for her!  

The back side - those Confirmed - Simon, Mary and Therese.  Also Simon and Mary then becoming Tom's Godparents shortly after Simon was confirmed.  A visit from Hallel the weekend before Thanksgiving And all of our family except for Hallel and Lucy at CCC in December!  
The motto to live by in our marriages and families - "Wounded, I will never cease to love."  How we will be witnessing that lived out this Holy Week when Jesus, the Lamb of God, is sacrificed for our salvation.  The utmost of LOVE poured out for us!  

After Mass of Tuesday of Holy Week this morning with the palms reminding of his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, and now the betrayal we read about in the Gospel.  As Fr Tony reminded us - "it was night." John 13 "There was the darkness of evil in the world."  
As I said many pictures of my buddy.

My fake plans to go to KCK in realizing that my nun will be so busy with a young adults retreat that she will not be able to have time with mom.  Pat has promised that we will get down there before the crop is going in, so I will be patient and wait for him.  I am sad as I was getting a vision of sharing some of Holy Week with 2 daughters in warmer weather.  But now I can be with hubby and the farm family and hopefully John's family - they are all sick right now.  Prayers that they will all be better by Easter!  

Oh Tommy!  It was a long day as mom has been trying to get her building permit and that took time today.

After a meeting last evening in our Birthright office so a lot in the readings today called out to me referring to the LIFE from the womb, but to me that means that they were safe and loved in the womb previous...
The LORD called me from birth,
from my mother's womb he gave me my name.  isaiah 49 from the first reading today

For you are my hope, O LORD;
my trust, O God, from my youth.
On you I depend from birth;
from my mother's womb you are my strength.
R. I will sing of your salvation.  Psalm 71 

Lord, please save lives that are in danger of abortion today.  End the horror of taking innocent life in the womb.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 34

 

No comments:

Post a Comment