Monday, April 22, 2024

4th Sunday of Easter -Josephine's First Communion - Lovely family time!/The Good Shepherd - Lays down his life for the sheep - +JMJ+

Nancy's 4th child - Josephine Francis had her First Holy Communion yesterday at St Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church in Delano.  All the Marshall families went to share in her special day!  
Receiving Jesus' Body and Blood for the first time!  Nancy said that she was so excited and had a calendar on the refrigerator that she marked off each day until Sunday!  
In the light on the 4th Sunday of Easter.  In a couple months we will have Evangeline's First Communion in Aberdeen, SD.  And next year we will have Joy's on the farm.  The following year could be Hector's followed by Jude and George's!  Birdie's will be the following year after her brother, Jude, as they are just a little over a year apart!  How we love to share the Sacraments as a family united in our love of Jesus, Mary, the Saints and The Catholic Church!  

I am sure that my parents were rejoicing in heaven as they brought our family of 13 into The Catholic Church 53 years ago!  Our greatest JOY with each new day!  All 13 of us received our First Communion at the Cenacle Convent at Midnight mass on Christmas Eve!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!

Pondering this very important step in her young life - each Sunday for the rest of her days she will receive Jesus!  And lots of daily mass at school and and beyond!  
The Rosary will be your friend sweet JoJo!  Our Spiritual mother takes all our needs to her Son!  
Coming forward at Mass!  
Her brother, Agustine, is now one of the older altar boys and very reverent up there!  Father Kyle says that he only wants boys to serve that are considering a call to the priesthood!  So powerful for these boys!  

This last week Josephine's brother, Dominic, served as a altar boy for the first time.  He is 9, but needed to be 10 to serve at Mass yesterday.
Beautiful Church - Heaven comes down to earth!  
Josephine has 3 older siblings and 2 younger.  They are united in their support and love for Jesus, Mary and The Catholic Church!  Nancy has a special ministry - Welcome - Catholic Sprouts  It is a ministry to help parents teach their children about the Faith!  She recently was taken on by Hallow with the children division - Hallow - #1 App for Christian & Catholic Prayer, Meditation, Bible + Sleep 

Receiving Jesus in Body and Blood- "Here I am... I come to do your will."
Open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!  My amazing husband led us on this path at our engagement weekend!  Should be have a large family in this messy world? "The world needs lights!"  

There is a lot of sacrifice involved in saying "yes" to LIFE!  The Gospel for this mass was Jesus the Good Shepherd.  John 10 today is also about the Gate we enter into the Pasture!

So Jesus said again, "Amen, amen, I say to you,
I am the gate for the sheep.
All who came before me are thieves and robbers,
but the sheep did not listen to them.
I am the gate.
Whoever enters through me will be saved,
and will come in and go out and find pasture.
A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy;
I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly."  John10 

In the Gospel yesterday - the Good Shepherd lays down his life for his Sheep.  

This is making me smile as last night was the hospice fundraiser and I prayed the before meal prayer - I felt led to use Psalm 23 as it is so appropriate for Hospice!

I have been told that this was a great way to pray at the benefit.  I agree!  

This is getting late - I have much to share about the 2 grandkids that ran a marathon in Kansas - Farmer hubby and 3 farm grandkids went to cheer them on!  More to come!  Jesus, I trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus many little sisters and little brothers!    

I also have this amazing article from Our Suday Visitor about our Community of the Lamb.  I will want to share so much more on this too, but not today.  I will just put is here for you to enjoy at your own speed!  A beloved 'little' community now faces a major milestone (oursundayvisitor.com)

A picture from the article with Hallel to the right.  More to come tomorrow I hope, but I will have 3 grandkids tomorrow so time will tell.  

4th Sunday of Easter
GOOD SHEPHERD SUNDAY
“For He hears the lamb’s innocent call,
And He hears the ewe’s tender reply.
He is watchful while they are in peace.
For they know when their Shepherd is nigh.”
 William Blake
 
 
"We adore You, Jesus,
eternal Shepherd of the human race.
You are present in the Eucharist
to dwell continually
in the midst of Your people.
You nourish us,
You guard us,
You guide us to the heavenly fold."
Ven. James Alberione
 
Painting above: Good Shepherd - Yongsung Kim
____________________________
 
_____________________
 
Also ... today...
61st WORLD DAY of
PRAYER for VOCATIONS
 

 Good Shepherd Sister, Sr Rose Vu, rejoices with Fr Spencer  J Howe
on his day of Ordination 05/25/13 
_____________

"To young people, ans especially those who feel distant or uncertain
about the Church, I want to say this:  Let Jesus draw you to himself;
bring him your important questions by reading the Gospels;
lethim challenge you by hie presence, which always provokes in us
a healthy crisis.  More than anyone else, Jesus respects our freedom.
He does not impose, bur proposes. Make room for him and you will find
the way oto happiness by following him.  And, should he ask it of you,
by giving yourself completely to him." Pope Francis
 
________________

Pray TODAY - and EVERYDAY - for vocations
 
Father, hear the prayers of Your people
and bring to maturity the seeds You have
sown in the field of Your Church.










Danielle Rose 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment