Wednesday, October 2, 2024

A week ahead with Regina Maria- Queen Mary!/26th Sunday of Ordinary Time - Anyone who gives you a cup of water to drink... +JMJ+

Regina Maria - Queen Mary outside the Catholic School - St Maximilian Kolbe dressed in her older sisters uniform.  She is alone at home with her mom these days while her 5 older siblings are all in school. 
 Her mom is going to Colorado this week and I get to have Gina here on the farm with me.  I imagine that her and Tommy and also John's Lucy will have a lot of time together.  She is just a month younger than Tom and a year older than Lucy Marie.
Such a beautiful fall day to have our brunch after sharing the 26th Sunday of Ordinary Time Mass this morning.  Ruth has her porch decorated for fall and the flies are down due to the cool nights.  Perfect weather!  Lucy at the table finishing her food.
Following Pat out to the bean field as the harvest continues.  So happy that he joined us for mass and brunch.  He even went shopping with us for the yummy food for our FEAST of Great JOY!!!  
Talk about FEAST - today is the Feast of the Arch Angels!  
Simon was 20 years old last week on the 20th!  He is home on the weekends to help on the farm, and get some cat therapy.  He gets such a soft and gentle look on his face when he gets some kitty snuggles.  We sure appreciate all his willing help on the farm.  Thank you, sweet Simon!  
Tommy sitting on the tractor table.  You will have some playmates this week Tom!  
5 year old Jude is in Kindergarten at our beloved Catholic School - HRS!  He looked very dapper today in his Western shirt and cowboy boots!  He had to show me his big teeth that are coming in.  
Tom saying "cheese" for grandma.  He comes shopping with us now after mass.  
Grandma has got him trained for me!  

The readings at mass today were tough ones... I decided to use the verse before the Alleluia

Alleluia Cf. Jn 17:17b, 17a

R. Alleluia, alleluia.
Your word, O Lord, is truth;
consecrate us in the truth.
R. Alleluia, alleluia.  

You warn us Lord to not lead the little ones astray to sin.  May we die to self and serve without counting the cost.  

I was very surprised and smiled when I read this in the Gospel the night before - Anyone who gives you a cup of water to drink
because you belong to Christ,
amen, I say to you, will surely not lose his reward.  Mark 9

Joy in a pretty dress she found in a big bag of clothes in the attic.  "I think that Mary and Rose wore it before me."  I guess there is 4 years between her and Rose, and 10 years between her and Mary...

We all know Matthew 25 - give a drink to those that are thirsty - you gave a drink to me, says the Lord.  I guess I did not know that this was also mentioned in Mark 9!  There is a beautiful story in The Community of  the Lamb about a woman giving the little sisters a drink of water after they shared the Gospel with her!  The Gospel coming to LIFE!  

Apple pie filling Saturday - Pat used the new corer peeler between loads of beans.




John and I in the bright sun and Ruth's fall decor on the porch.  
Beautiful pink roses for Mary the Mother of God.  A Hispanic young man crawled up the aisle on his knees and then brought roses to Mary, Joseph and Jesus.  
Beautiful yellow roses with Jesus in tabernacle and the Cross above.  
Our Lady to Guadalupe So beautiful !
I love to see the tabernacle glow in all it's splendor, and not covered up by the curtains!  I feel closer and more aware of his great GLORY!  
I came into the church to witness this man going up on his knees!

"I we truly believed that it as Jesus, The Son of God, that we were going forward to receive - we should be going up on our knees."  Nancy a few years ago. 
Jude in his Kindergarten classroom on Grandparents Day.  
Jude and Birdie are just a year apart, and are both going to school in Holy Redeemer.  Both their parents, John and Bobbi, were classmates from Kindergarten to 8th grade, and then went on to the High School together.  
Dropping Jude off at his room...
Birdie is in Preschool 3 days a week.  
Time to post this as it has been neglected for some days now... Bless-bless, Barb


 

No comments:

Post a Comment