Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Farmwife Father's Day/getting ready for TEC retreat with 2 grandkids!/Rainy days with hubby/" pray to your Father in secret." +JMJ+

John on Father's Day with the best gift a dad could ever want - his youngest, Lucy Marie, taking a nap on her daddy.

John has so much to be thankful for with his wife and 3 beautiful smart and healthy children.  15 years ago on Father's Day we discovered that John had brain cancer, and the battle for his life began!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: John's cancer stories  

John's Spirit Juice Video now continues with wife and children and the New John! 

Maria shared this last week of her visit with the Poor Clare Nuns in Saulk Rapids where she discerned a call to religious life for 4 months.  She discerned out, and is now a mother to 7 and a wife to Major Joseph.  She still visits them from time to time and we ask for their prayers when we have a need.  They were praying mightily for John during his battle with brain cancer!

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Now the stories of John's 4 sisters...Ruth, Nancy, Maria, and Susan/Little Sister Hallel!  

Ed and Brad spraying last week across the road.  I was asked to give some rides and catch up with how the family is doing now that we no longer have Rita.  Such a hard loss as she was always willing and kept everything so nice for her farmer husband and son.  Lord and Lady continue to be with them at this most difficult time.  
So precious and Truth!  
"Pops for Pops" on Father's Day after mass - Lucy and Birdie enjoying them
Jude too!  
John selling and surrounded by his sweet kids in the light.
Pat serving eggs as we gather for Father's Day brunch on Ruth's beautiful porch with 16 after sharing mass.
This guy loves me so much!  I am humbled by my Tommy, who is now 2 1/2.  
Father's Day afternoon we got a call that one of our cows was out, so I got the privilege to help my husband to get her back in the pasture with her cow.  I was praying mightily for the Lord and Lady to help us and sure enough she walked in where Pat had put down the fence! Thank you!  
Fixing and checking the fence... one of my favorite things to do is watch my hunky husband do the work that he does so well.  I love it when things go smoothly.  
I am very allergic to this brome grass when it gets this yellow pollen... I had to lay down with a wet cloth over my eyes for a while when we got back home.  
Next I had to help him get a heifer for breeding.  All the rest of the farm family was away at Paul's dad's place, so it was just me.  Once again as Pat said "Well, that went about as good as it can go."  He found the heifer and we got her in the headgate without any complications.  Once again thank you, Lord and Lady!  

Helping hubby can be peaceful and good and that is how I enjoy my time with him.  

John with his wonderful family on Father's Day!
In the LIGHT 
Paul with his 2 youngest on Father's Day.
Words from dad in Morning Prayer - LOVE how I can still sit at the feet of my father.  I was blessed with having my father here for the last 6 months of his life in my Farm Monastery.  
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Deacon Robert Cross - my dad on hospice in our Farm Monastery for 6 months - 4/16/20 thru 10/23/20  

Baby goats and chickens....
Time shared with John praying as our hours of Adoration overlap last hour of Sunday and First hour of Monday.  We prayed for this upcoming Together Encounter Christ retreat this coming weekend.  We have 2 grandchildren making it for the first time!  Exciting as I will be working it too.  TEC has been so important to us as we walk ever closer to Jesus and His Church!  

The Gospel today is reminding us to pray in our inner temples -   when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door,
and pray to your Father in secret.
And your Father who sees in secret will repay you.  Matthew 6
Nancy's pool at night with cousins while Maria and Major Joseph visited last week.
10 years ago - Gus with his baby newborn brother, Dominic, who was just 10 last week!  

A memory from 10 years ago out in the pasture with Gus and Rose.  I need to end this for now.  Jesus, be with this TEC retreat and bless all those attending with a closer walk with you.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb and the 33
Hear our prayer.  













Danielle Rose 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment