Saturday, March 12, 2011

"So I come with humble heart.."

The miserable South winds brought melting warmth along with the wonderful bright sun... Now the North winds have returned the COLD, and it blowing up your sleeves and down your neck is miserable.  It has been a hard and challanging winter.  Therese posed by the less than pristine snowbanks at the end of the driveway... still towering over our heads!
Lilly joined her, and there was a concern that Lilly's need for attention and love would push little Therese over into the sloppy melting mess... rescued by grandma in the nick of time!  Our trip to the Vet about half an hour away, had been a fun ongoing conversation about how she likes "baby calves", and that grandpa is expecting more than 100 of them this year.  We had the fun or counting to 100 together... I would say each number, and then she would repeat it after me with her sweet little 3 year old voice... she will be 3 next week, so I will start calling her 3 now!  Some of the "ties" I am sure that she was saying for the first time, and it was adorable to say the least... to hear her say Thirty, or fifty or sixty or seventy or eighty... too sweet and it made us realize that that is a lot of calves to be born and get here happy and healthy!  To say each number and to have Therese repeat it... really brought home to me... that value of each one, and the work invested in them by my hardworking and diligent husband!  Wow! 
How he longs to see the snowbanks gone! And that will take weeks of warm weather!  I am hoping to be a better helper to him, but this cold miserable wind sure takes the fun out of being out there!  As tired as Pat is getting - for him to pray for his "cows and calves and everything else" is about all he can manage to get out as we try to pray together morning and night if possible... 
From the morning hymn - see http://www.magnificat.com/         "You have promised to forgive contrite sinners who repent;  So I come with humble heart, by your word made confident.  I have sinnned, Lord, I have sinned:  Well I know my wickedness, yet I make this prayer to you:  Lord, forgive me, heal and bless."
The natural elements making life challanging, lack of sleep, and all the things that can are pulling at us and dragging us down - cause us to lash out, and be hard on each other.  May we realize the cause, and that we are truly less than perfect, and needing to be humbled.  It is so hard not to feel hurt and protect our feelings... they are nothing and are keeping us from following after Him in all humility!  Help us Lord!  We want to know you and love you and follow your example of love and service! 
Jesus, you are in control, and we want to come to realize that... thanks to your mercy and forgiveness - we can leave our sinful and miserable selves behind, and find a newness of life... one in which we are thankful for the times that we are called to embrace our littleness, and to be humble in the sight of our humanness... As you said in the Gospel today..."Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do.  I have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners."  Lord, that would be me!  Jesus, I trust in you!  Amen
Bless-bless, Barb
Prayer from ST Ignatious
"O Lord Jesus Christ,
take as your right,
receive as my gift,
all my liberty,
my memory,
my understanding,
my will,
 all that I have
all that I am
all that I can be.
To you, O Lord, I restore it,
all is yours,
dispose of it according to your will.
Give me your love.
Give me your grace.
It is enough for me."  
 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment