The final week of having Maria and the kids with us is here! As Therese took my finger during mass and held on... the tears welled forth to think that this is the final Sunday to have her sweeetness to bless me, as she is such a special girl - raised to attend mass daily with reverence and love for Jesus!
Little Dave told his mom that the wooden hosts that we have in our home were "Jesus." A dear woodworking friend made a chalice and patton complete with a dozen wooden hosts for the hospice auction... they have been a special plaything (?) for the kids over the years... David is known to carry them all over the place - I found them under the cover plate in grandpa's shower in the basement the other day!
We gathered at mass as a Family! Ruth, Paul and their three along with Maria and her two - all the grandkids that we have here with us - Nancy is due with her little boy in the beginning of June... The sun was streaming over us from the windows facing the Southeast! Pat turned to me and asked where Davey's sunglasses were...Cherished times together that are coming to a halt..
The two year olds... soon to be 3 are very loving and close and enjoy sharing all - especially time in grandpa's lap at mass. To have them far apart is hard, and I sent a prayer through my tears that Maria and her family will return often and for long stretches! Lord, hear my plea!
Oh, the joy of family and gathering together for the sharing of Christ in His Word, His meal of His Body and Blood, and His Body - the Church! There is a slice of heaven here on earth! There are certain times that I feel a joining with Hallel and her community - as I have adopted the way that they do things just so that I can know that we are united in the Eucharist! As I am writing this I hear Danielle Rose singing in the kitchen - a song with her father that he wrote for her when she entered the convent... "We will meet at the gates of Heaven." The song before was one that she had on UTube about how we see each other in the Eucharist! Maria always has Therese kneel and remember that she has just encountered Jesus at mass and thank Him and tell Him that she loves Him! So powerful and special. Maria has taught me so much in her wisdom... She has helped me on my journey more than I can ever know...
The loving smiles of grandchildren! My delight! Well, the distractions of life in the body of a 13 month old grandson is now here beside me... a little angel reminding me that I need to make this short and go forth into the day ahead. It looks to be one filled with much and a challange none the less...After buying each grandchild a book at the bookfair - Davey would not leave his in the car as he went to look at some new calves with grandpa... special and to be cherished!
Grandpa sees this little guy as one who will be at his side with the care of the animals... that would be such a gift to him and an answer to his many prayers over the years! Thank you Lord for the ways we are called to serve you... in the Gospel today... you spell out to us where we can find you! Allow us to come closer to you as we see your face in all those in our lives - most especially those in our domestic Church - our families! May the many ways that we can and are called to serve you each day - become very evident to us, and may we answer each call with a resounding "Yes!" Jesus, we trust in you! AmenBless-bless, Barb
"Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me... Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me." Matt 25: 31-46 The amazing Gospel for today convicts us! Jesus, show us your Truth and you Life!



No comments:
Post a Comment