I was out by the feedbunk waiting to help Pat, and I felt a steer licking the back of my jacket. It made me smile to know that another animal was taking an interest in me. I then turned around and held out my hand to it,and it started licking my glove. Yes, it looks like one of those many layered lollypops, but it is really just a dirty glove on my hand. It gave me a special feeling to be having some time interconnecting with this cute white/gray calf!
But it doesn't hold a candle to spending some time with little 10 month old Rose Ida and her siblings last night, and having her smile and be very loving towards her grandma all evening. I haven't watched her while mom worked from 6 weeks like I did Mary and David, and it has taken her a while to warm up to me. Last night she cried when mom left, but seconds later she was a delight for the rest of the night! She would look over her shoulder at me and smile, and laugh when I played like I was going to eat her little fingers. It as a delightful evening, and I really am starting to see her getting so cute with her new top teeth and all. The connection with my calf was a touch in the cold time outside, and that will come to no end as the animal is slated for meat on the table in a month or more. But I will always have little Rose in my life, and to have this grandparent to granddaughter warmth is what LOVE and LIFE is all about! Jesus speaks of his Kingdom in the Gospel from Luke today, and I always feel that sharing our Faith within our domestic Church is a little slice of the Kingdom here on earth!
Jesus, we love you so much, and see the beauty of LIFE in the newest members of our family as they come to LOVE us with the kind of unconditional LOVE that YOU modeled for us and redeemed us with on the Cross - our tree of LIFE. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Halleluia
More faces of new LIFE! Bless-bless, Barb
No comments:
Post a Comment