They also lived just half an hour from our nun, Little Sister Hallel, and her Community of the Lamb in the heart of the poor in Kansas City, KS! I found this memory of them helping stain the Lumen Christi Monastery. LIGHT of Christ Monastery.Our Hallel and Dominic, who was 4 at this time and just had his 9th birthday.
Working on the cupola which is filled with light - "A lighthouse on the hill." A black man from the neighborhood spoke of how he would carry a knife to protect himself, but now he feels safe when he sees "the lighthouse on the hill."
5 years ago - it looks like on All Saints day, which is Hallel's feast day. All the Saints gathered giving God all the praise, which is what Hallel means - the first part of Hallelujah and "whenever anyone says my name they are giving God all the praise!" So cool!
The 135 Psalm from mass today speaks of that Praise to His Name, which we love!
Responsorial Psalm Ps 135:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6
or:
R. Alleluia.
Praise the name of the LORD;
Praise, you servants of the LORD
Who stand in the house of the LORD,
in the courts of the house of our God.
R. Praise the Lord for the Lord is good!
or:
R. Alleluia.
Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good;
sing praise to his name, which we love;
For the LORD has chosen Jacob for himself,
Israel for his own possession.
R. Praise the Lord for the Lord is good!
or:
R. Alleluia.
For I know that the LORD is great;
our LORD is greater than all gods.
All that the LORD wills he does
in heaven and on earth,
in the seas and in all the deeps.
R. Praise the Lord for the Lord is good!
or:
R. Alleluia.
John had an MRI in Rochester yesterday and was told that there is no change. He is now cancer free for 14 years! How we rejoice and pray without ceasing!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: John's cancer stories
John's Spirit Juice Video - the story continues with wife and 3 children.Lettuce that was growing in the garden an hour before tacos for supper! Nothing I love more than to have fresh food on the table. I would love to announce to the kids - "This was growing in the garden an hour ago!"Maggie waiting to give grandma and grandpa a hug after our 2 day trip from the farm to help them move a year ago!
A year ago we were on our way through the Rocky Mountains with the livestock trailer to help Maria and Major Joseph move from the West Coast - Fort Lewis in Tacoma, WA to Charlottesville, VA!
Her older brother, Augustine, 12 years ago at 3 weeks old. I guess I am into memories today with not much rhyme or reason.
Less than a year ago at our 44th wedding anniversary at the Catholic School - St Mary's Chapel! I added our nun to make it complete for a few months. We have added grandchild #23 since - Lucy Marie so it is already outdated. New family picture is needed, but I don't think it will be happening this summer. Maria is on her way here as I write this, but Nancy with her family of 8 is in Pennsylvania, and so... I need to just offer it up and TRUST!
Bill with the kids in PA with his family!
10 year old Bernadette, and 4 year old George in PA. Well, I must get busy making our supper for tonight with 25 of the 34. My BBQ recipe will be used which I have made for at least 2 of our 5 graduations! With a freezer of beef... Green beans from Ruths beautiful garden - they will indeed be filled with freshness - picked this afternoon! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara and the 34 plus many Little Sisters and Little BrothersThe lighthouse in Manistique, MI where our cabin was for 11 years - miss it so much!
LOVE!
A chicken interested in Tom's popsicle
Watermelon rinds are good for them.
Farm family came over to work with the chickens for 4H and have popsicles to cool off.
Lighting a candle for John's MRI - all is well! Thank you, Lord and Lady!
Our Prayers rising to heaven!
May I die to self, so that Jesus may dwell in me and I can serve without counting the cost!
LOVE Vigils as they allow us to start the night before praising our Lord and being blessed by all that The Church gives us with each new day!
Danielle Rose
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment