.jpg)
Yes! I have felt in my heart of hearts that each day since our family came into The Catholic Church 52 years ago has been that "pearl of great price" for me! That moment of our call to come as a family of 13 into The Church together started with my dad reading Isaiah 55:1-2 at an Ignatian Retreat at the Cenacle Convent! Today being the Memorial of St Ignatius is a huge special day for us.
Cement is poured behind the brick apartments and now the decks can go up adding wonderful outside space to the 6 apartments on the first, second and third floors.
Things are moving along with the hopes that some college students will be able to move in in about a month.
Knowing that I would be praying the first hour of Monday July 31st the Memorial of our special St Ignatius of Loyola... I took dad's icon off the wall over our bed where it was while dad lived with me for the last 6 months of his life here in my "Farm Monastery."
John and I dive deep together in our prayer as he has the last hour of Sunday and I have the first hour of Monday. Time to pray for the needs in our shared family and friends. Last night with a lot to share and pray about he went half way into my hour.
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!
How I love to pray for new little ones as soon as we know they are in the womb. From my perspective that could be from conception as that is a LIFE!
My husband had told his sisters that he would only marry a Catholic and knowing what a determined person he is when he sets his mind to things. I am convinced that his prayers for me brought the 13 into The Church along with my parents' in their wisdom. Thanks, honey!
Gospel Mt 13:31-35
"The Kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed
that a person took and sowed in a field.
It is the smallest of all the seeds,
yet when full-grown it is the largest of plants.
It becomes a large bush,
and the birds of the sky come and dwell in its branches."
He spoke to them another parable.
"The Kingdom of heaven is like yeast
that a woman took and mixed with three measures of wheat flour
until the whole batch was leavened."
All these things Jesus spoke to the crowds in parables.
He spoke to them only in parables,
to fulfill what had been said through the prophet:
I will open my mouth in parables,
I will announce what has lain hidden from the foundation of the world.
A family wedding in mid May - now one more in the womb to pray for. My JOY!
Only missing one sister, who lives in Seattle. 8 of the 10 with one brother, Don, who has been gone for many years. Family is such a gift and Pat and I are both very blessed - I with now 9 siblings living and Pat with 8. Tom and Lucy after mass on Sunday in the light.
Tom is surprised to see grandpa with his lap full. Usually it is Tom in his arms.
Lucy is our youngest grandchild at 6 months.
Our greatest Joy is sharing our Faith as a family!
7 years ago we had just switched places and this is 4 year old Rose with a new farm sink full of golden corn. We just got a call from the neighbors that we can come and get corn...
Saturday was St Martha along with Mary and Lazarus - the friends of Jesus!
How she is praying and working from heaven to protect the lives of the unborn!
Such a precious gift is Tom to our family! New LIFE!
One of the many! So much fun to capture our wonderful farm family!
So cute even with Tom not having it!
8 years ago - it was still my kitchen, and then we had the big change along with a total remodel and switching of the kitchen from the North side of the house to the South side with a view of what is going on in the yard. Ruth has a vision and does a lot of the work to make it happen, too!
Some words to live by when dealing with dementia. My mother was diagnosed for the last few years.
I bothered my dad with many pictures 3 years ago - as I knew this would never happen again, and so it was. Dad died on October 23,2020 only 3 months later. He put on his Sunday shirt that morning knowing that we would be taking many pictures.
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Susan Angela Agnes/Little Sister Hallel - the story of a Call .
Danielle Rose
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment