Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Wedding day for my parents 74 years ago! "If I go up to the heavens, you are there..." - +JMJ+

4 years ago my parents were together in their own home in St Croix Falls, WI.  They celebrated their 70th Anniversary there.  They were facing leaving their home for Assisted living as mom was no longer able to make meals or care for their home.  It was a hard time for them, but they were together!  
On their 71st Anniversary a year later - mom had died in a day after falling before breakfast.  Dad had come to live with me on the farm a month later.   He lived here for 6 months on hospice and then her joined mom in heaven forever.

The 139th Psalm today speaks to us of how we are loved and looked after and known truly and deeply by our loving and forgiving Lord!

Responsorial Psalm Ps 139:7-8, 9-10, 11-12ab

R. (1) You have searched me and you know me, Lord.
Where can I go from your spirit?
From your presence where can I flee?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I sink to the nether world, you are present there.
R. You have searched me and you know me, Lord.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
if I settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
Even there your hand shall guide me,
and your right hand hold me fast.
R. You have searched me and you know me, Lord.
If I say, "Surely the darkness shall hide me,
and night shall be my light"–
For you darkness itself is not dark,
and night shines as the day.
R. You have searched me and you know me, Lord.

Dad wanted a single rose for his lost love, Nancy!  On October 23rd he peacefully joined her and the words from Psalm 139 ring like a bell of Truth...  "If I go to the heavens, you are there..."  We have no doubt that mom and dad along with my sister, Mary, and brother, Lincoln, are together in heaven and interceding for their very large family - reaching 150+!
On this happy day 74 years ago!  They are truly having "Angel food cake" today in heaven surrounded by all the angels and saints!  
Mom wore a suit and not a wedding dress in the chapel at the First Presbyterian Church in Flint, MI.  52 years ago they brought our family of 13 into The Catholic Church!  Such an amazing journey we have been on and so it continues!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!  

Mom and Dad in my home with Our Lady of Perpetual Help assisting them in prayers for our family.  Dad prayed each Monday for our entire family - first and middle names!  How we found comfort and answered prayers knowing of his constant lifting us up!  No doubt that he continues now from heaven.

My dad was a Permanent Deacon in the Catholic Church for 44 years, and he left behind for me all his Prayer books - well marked and filled with LOVE and wisdom shared with me now!  Mother also left behind her daily meditations by Pope Benedict XVI - they walk with me daily!  

A heart shaped paver that John gifted me with - all the names of my children here and in heaven... 5 living children and 7 in heaven along with 6 grandchildren keeping our eyes on heaven as we stagger down the narrow path dragging our Most Cherished Cross!  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Our marriage stories - "The world needs LIGHTS!"  

On this day 3 years ago - Nancy and Bill also won a huge contest put out by Our Sunday Visitor!  Their ministry is important!  


Deacon Robert Cross congratulating Nancy and Bill on their win of Innovators OSV competition!  

Beautiful roses at the foot of the Cross at mass last week.  
Happy 74th in heaven mom and dad!  I miss you every day - yet I sense that you continue to be with me and our family.  
Monday night - the first hour of Monday was Nancy and Bill's 13th Anniversary on the Feast of St Augustine.  Each Monday I do the litany of our 2 families - over 250+!  I only do the first names for the most part.  I have some that tell me those prayers have helped their families at times of distress.  John and I always end our overlapping prayer times with 3 - "Jesus, I trust in you."  The words St Faustina told us to repeat in times of distress!  
My Joy and Tom yesterday with the neighbor cat, Riley.  
Tom is so happy to come to grandma's house.  
Riley loves to get some snuggles here.  
Rent a cat - he lives between our 2 places.  The little ones here are a big attraction for him to get some belly rubs.
I got a bit carried away...
Tom is starting to join Joy at water coloring with grandma.  He never met my dad as he was born a year later.  But... He bears my dad's name as a tribute to the wonderful man my dad was - Thomas Robert!  Such a precious gift to us - a sure sign of New LIFE for the farm family!  Thank you, Lord and Lady!  May we die to self so that we may serve without counting the cost.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 plus many Little sisters and little Brothers!  












Danielle Rose 



Zach Williams 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment