Saturday, December 2, 2023

Mom sends me a gift 3 1/2 years later - like me she has left a trail of rosaries/"Holy men of humble heart, bless the Lord..." -+JMJ+

Pat sitting in my mother's chair suddenly tossed this Rosary to me.  He had found it deep in the bottom of the inside of the chair.  It was totally unfamiliar to me, and I realized that it was my mother's, and like me she had lost it down the chair some years back.  Since she has been gone now for 3 1/2 years... it was some time before that.  
A picture taken just a few weeks before my mother passed in a day after a fall, which left her with a broken hip.  Sitting in this same chair that Pat now uses just a foot from the TV.  Mom had placed a St Bernadette holy medal on it with Lourdes on the back.  
Bernadette and Lourdes from my mom to me!  Our daily rosary is something that we have shared over our years since our entering The Catholic Church 52 years ago - all 13 of us as I am the oldest of 11 children! 

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic! 

I got carried away of course, but I was so happy and excited to have this special gift filled with the prayers of my mother for her huge family!  
St Bernadette pray for us.  
Lourdes was huge for us - we have been there 3 times!  Each time we have traveled to France for Hallel's habit in 2009, Hallel's first vows in 2011, and Hallel's final vows in 2018 - we made a trip to Lourdes and bathed in the waters of healing.  

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: John's cancer stories

Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Susan Angela Agnes/Little Sister Hallel - the story of a Call .


I would like to say that it is likely that we brought this holy medal back from Lourdes for my mother, and now she has gifted it back to me!  
Thanks mom!  
Yes, I got carried away, but it was such an unexpected out of the blue surprise!  I  am so blessed by the special prayer books left behind by both of my parents for me, and now this precious call to prayer joining with my mother in heaven!  

I am famous for leaving a trail of rosaries everywhere I go.  Just recently I put on my winter coat and found a Rosary that I had put in there at least a year ago.  I guess that mom and I are alike that way, and one of my greatest JOYS is how we have always shared ALL that the Church has given to us!  I have my parents to thank for bringing us into The Catholic Church 52 years ago, sharing the beauty and Truth each and every day since, now they have left behind their prayer books and now this sweet precious Rosary calling me to pray joined with them in Heaven forever!

How I love Caryll Houselander - her sharing about the coming of Our Lord!  
Not destruction but fulfillment, not a withering, but a fruition...
It was special to take to mass with me and my hour of prayer for Fr Denny with 7 Sisters before.  
Jesus on the Cross in the tabernacle and my prayers to Jesus through Mary!  
Special to pray for Fr Denny as he prepares the altar to say mass.  
Looking over the Gospel - Consider the fig tree - when their buds burst forth it is summer!  The coming of our Lord will be LIGHT and JOYfilled! Hallelujah!  
A gift from my earthly mother as now I have my Spiritual Mother of heaven and earth always there to bring me to her Son!  
Our Mother of Peace, please bring peace on earth most especially in Israel.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 

LOVE this so much!  So TRUE!

St Mother Teresa loved Our Lady and Our Lord!  
We are at Nancy's for the day - 11 month old Gina with grandpa as he watches a cattle sale on line.  "Cows!"

Too cute!  


Grandpa loves those little ones!  
Getting the Advent wreath ready for tomorrow!  
We definitely need a Letter of St Paul to the Americans!  

A line in the Psalm today from Daniel 3 reminded me of this sharing I came across from our Pope Francis..."Spirits and souls of the just, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever."
R. Give glory and eternal praise to him.
"Holy men of humble heart, bless the Lord;
praise and exalt him above all forever."
R. Give glory and eternal praise to him.  Daniel 3

Maybe he can’t stand on his feet anymore and suffering has shaped his character but this speech by Pope Francis from a few days ago is simply AMAZING!
“You can have flaws, be anxious and even be angry, but don’t forget that your life is the greatest business in the world. Only you can stop it from failure. You are appreciated, admired and loved by many. Remember that being happy is not having a sky without storms, a road without accidents, a job without effort, relationships without disappointments.
“Being happy is to stop feeling a victim and become the author of your own destiny. It's going through deserts, but being able to find an oasis deep in your soul. It's to thank God every morning for the miracle of life. It’s kissing your children, cuddling your parents, having poetic moments with your friends, even when they hurt us.
“To be happy is to let live the creature that lives in each of us, free, joyful and simple. It's having maturity to be able to say: "I made mistakes". Having the courage to say "I'm sorry". It's having a sensitivity to say "I need you". Is having the ability to say "I love you". May your life become a garden of opportunities for happiness... that in spring I can be a lover of joy and in winter a lover of wisdom.
"And when you make a mistake, start over. Because only then will you fall in love with life. You will find that being happy doesn't mean having a perfect life. But she uses tears to irrigate tolerance. Use your defeats to train your patience.
"Use your mistakes with the serenity of the sculptor. Use pain to tune into pleasure. Use obstacles to open the windows of intelligence. Never give up ... Above all, never give up on the people that love you. Never give up on happiness, because life is an amazing show. ".
POPE FRANCIS

Some wise words from a humble gentle pope!



Tauren Wells




 

No comments:

Post a Comment