Friday, May 24, 2024

Farmboy Tom in the tall pasture grass/St Rita on the 22nd/KINDNESS!!! The Lord is abounding in kindness - +JMJ+

Green tractor shirt and green grass as tall as Tom is!  Grandpa Pat needed us to help him put in some fence in some pasture land.  We had to wait for grandpa to help his dad across some water.  So grandma had her fun getting the pictures of my cute "farmboy."
Now that is lush grass and it was almost as tall as Tom!  
It was challenging to get around with huge rocks and lots of water.  We got another inch and a half overnight.  "Raim makes grain."  is helping Pat to make sense of all this rain after 2 drought years.
Tom would duck behind the trailer and then pop out to play a game in our down time waiting for the men to come.
I love my tractor shirt!  Waiting for Tom to begin to talk.  One of his first words was "grandma."  I am very honored by this sweet little guy loving me so much.  
Grass up to his shoulders, and what a smile to chase away the nerves I experience when I have to help.  I don't ever get past that I am a city girl deep down.  
A game we started playing where he would throw grass at me.  I guess you make due with whatever there is on hand to play with, and there is a lot of grass.  
Haha grandma I got some grass on you!  
Tom sees grandpa coming on his 4 wheeler.  When we got going Tom got tired and fell asleep in my arms.  I felt bad that he had such an uncomfortable place to sleep - "He thinks its an adventure.  He is a farmboy through and through."  
That hat shaded his face while he slept.  That was a good thing.  

There was a spot where the 4 wheelers got stuck the day before, and it sounds like it was a frustrating mess.  I asked Pat if he had been kind or short tempered. "Yes, I was patient and kind."  

This rang through today in the Psalm 103 which is the poster Psalm for "kindness".  So often when Pat and I pray together I will pray that we can return the patience, kindness, and unconditional love we have been given by our Lord and Lady and return it to one another.

He redeems your life from destruction,
he crowns you with kindness and compassion.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful.
Merciful and gracious is the LORD,
slow to anger and abounding in kindness.
He will not always chide,
nor does he keep his wrath forever.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful.
For as the heavens are high above the earth,
so surpassing is his kindness toward those who fear him.
As far as the east is from the west,
so far has he put our transgressions from us.
R. The Lord is kind and merciful.  Psalm 103 from mass today

On the 22nd St Rita was the saint of the day.  Each prayer during mass spoke of her.  The Prayer after Communion was special as were all of them.  So close to the passing of my special sister in law, Rita Verly.  It was special to unite our prayers for her and with her.  "Lead us always in your love, through the example of St Rita..."
Mowing ahead of the rain yesterday - the snowballs are blooming so I gave a big special one to Our Lady along with some Phlox that are also blooming now.  Many prayers while on the mower in the wind.
I love you my Mother of heaven and earth. 
I smiled yesterday to see the radish seeds that Luke planted for me are coming up.  Thank you, Luke!

Shannon sharing with me that her mom, Rita, kept this prayer card of her mom's passing when she was 8 years old in her purse.  Speaks so much about how important and special our mothers are to us.  Now Shannon and Brad are without their wonderful mother way to soon.  Ed without his wife...
Shannon read this beautiful prayer to end her mother's Eulogy.  Very special 
John and Lucy at Rita's wake a week ago.  Rita and Ed are his Godparents.
Josephine with Evangeline before the funeral last weekend.  It brought our family together unexpectedly as it was quite sudden.
I am working on a card for Evie's First Holy Communion on Sunday in Aberdeen, SD.  We hope to make it a day trip that day.
Little Dave and Augustine - I am working on a card for Gus as he turns 13 tomorrow.  Such a great oldest brother in Nancy and Bill's family of 6 children.  
Sunday ended Easter Season with the Feast of Pentecost - the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and Mary ... "Go forth and proclaim the Gospel"  And so they did!!!  My mission too!  

Monday was Mary Mother of The Church!  She is definitely my Mother!  
The new prioress for my daughter's Community of the Lamb chosen on Monday - the Feast of Mary the Mother of The Church!  Marie-Gabriel with the foundress, Little Sister Marie!  A familiar face that is kind and loving.  

Now to Ordinary time as Easter is over till next year.  My father's Prayer of The Church left behind for me after dad lived with me the last 6 months of his life here in my "farm monastery."  He was a Permanent Deacon in The Church after bringing all 13 into The Church 53 years ago!  



A sharing from Nancy today in Catholic Sprouts!
 
The responsibility of Catholic parents
 
My grandfather spent the final six months of his life at my parent's farm, under the attentive care of my mother, a retired hospice nurse. Although he had converted to the Catholic Church decades before, my grandfather still had the loud, zealous voice of a Baptist minister, and the Bible he carried with him was dogeared and worn with use.
 
He spent those final days on my parent's front porch in prayer, his eyes searching the horizon as the corn slowly ripened in the field. Without ceasing, it seemed, he prayed for his children.
 
My grandparents had welcomed seven biological children and adopted four more. So, as he prepared for death, my grandfather not only tended to his own soul, but also prayed diligently for the souls of his children. 
 
Image item
 
One of those summer days I sat with him and prayed the divine mercy chaplet. His eyes squeezed shut in concentration, he inserted the name of one of his children into each prayer, carefully working down the list in his head. 
 
For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on BARBARA and on the whole world..
…have mercy on MARTHA and on the whole world…
…have mercy on PAULA and on the whole whole…
 
When we were done, he sat back in his chair and explained why he prayed so hard. 
 
“When I stand before Christ,” he told me, “I know that I will not only have to account for the state of my soul, but for the souls of the children He entrusted to me as well.”
 
His words, and his dedication to prayer, had a deep and lasting impact on me.
 
Image item
I have been entrusted with the care of six children. I work to keep them fed, clothed, educated, and well-behaved. But above all else, I have a duty to tend to their souls.
 
The Catholic Church alone possesses the fullness of Truth, therefore, our children have the greatest access to grace through the Catholic Church, the true Church founded by Christ Himself. We must EFFECTIVELY share the Catholic Faith with our children, and when we stand in judgment, Christ will consider how we did. 
 
Therefore, if all of these thoughts leave you feeling a bit uneasy, I invite you to join me on Tuesday, May 28th at 7pm for a free workshop for Catholic parents.
 
Image item
 
THE CONFIDENT CATHOLIC PARENT: the recipe for raising Catholic kids grew out of the survey we conducted earlier this month. The Catholic Sprouts community is filled with incredible, faithful parents, and yet the results showed a great insecurity. So many of you told us you weren't sure you were doing the right things, or doing enough, or that what you were doing mattered.
 
It does matter.
 
You are doing better than you know.
 
Join me on Tuesday to learn where your focus should be as you work to share the Faith and tend to the souls of your children. You CAN do everything required to share the Faith with your children.
Pope Benedict XVI speaking about the Priest/Jesus and His Body and Blood - the Eucharist!  
LOVE!!!  
Farmer Pat works long and hard!  
Pope Benedict today - mom left this daily meditation behind for me.  She had read it for 10 years each day.  I am now on my 5th year and it always has lessons to teach me!  
How I love her and her Son and Their Church - the True Church!  Lord and Lady , I love you and long to serve without counting the cost. May I return the love and kindness you have given to me to all those around me. Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 33 
 
 "God makes all His own the soul that
is wholly given to Him." St Philip Neri
 
 
“Can you feel the
fragrance of Paradise 
which diffuses Itself
from the Tabernacle?"
 
St Philip Neri
Italy ~ 1515 - 1595
Priest, bears title "Second Apostle of Rome"
Founder - Congregation of the Oratory
(Oratorians)
Known for his great JOY
Counter-reformer
Advice regarding prayer:  "Be humble
and obedient and the
Holy Spirit will teach you."
Feast Day - May 26*
*This year May 26 is Trinity Sunday so offering
an early reflection to a favorite Saint

  
 
"The true servant of God acknowledges
no other country but heaven." - St Philip Neri
_______________________
 
"Cheerfulness strengthens the heart and
makes us persevere in a good life.
Therefore the servant of God ought always
to be in good spirits." St Philip Neri
 
 
 St Philip Neri, pray for us!

 Feast Day tomorrow















Danielle Rose 

Salve Regina - Hail Holy Queen as sung each night by the Community of the Lamb - Dominican 
Like angels singing to Mary the Mother of The Church!  


No comments:

Post a Comment