Thursday, December 19, 2024

Emotional looking back, now and forward with Christmas JOY and LOVE!/CCC begins tomorrow!/My mouth shall be filled with your praise -+JMJ+

Gina Maria is 3!  Queen Mary is wonderful 3 with her family surrounding her with so much LOVE!  It is pretty obvious from this picture how adored and loved she is by her 5 older siblings and her mom and dad!  Happy 3rd birthday sweet girl!  
Now for a bunch of old winter pictures with the snow making it a white Christmas just as we are leaving for my family Christmas tomorrow for the weekend... CCC - Cross Christmas Camp!  

Me many years ago with my natural curly hair in full display getting wet in working with the cows.
Snowy cows and calves. 
Christmas Card in 1999 - 25 years ago!  One of my favorites!  
John and Brad about 30 years ago. Cousins that were just 6 weeks apart and like brothers!  
Maria in the green snowsuit - worn by all 4 girls and even John!  
Nancy at my parent's home in Taylors Falls, Mn about 40 years ago.  With a young mom and older sister, Ruth Ida!  
Ruth the first one to wear this thrift store snow suit!  
Susan now little sister Hallel was the final girl to wear the green snowsuit!  A picture taken at our little house on Hwy 59 shortly before we moved to The Farm where Ruth and Paul and their 7 live now.  

 A little Mary with her special pet heifer, Snowball.  She thought that it was very normal for a 8 year old girl to have a pet cow.  
My dad and I in the snow in Boston, MA.  I have many pictures of me as I was the oldest of 11 kids!  My dad was in Seminary out East where I was born.  
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: The amazing story of the 13 becoming Catholic!  
My oldest Ruth Ida will be 45 on January 4th!  
Home from the hospital pre car seats.  I could hold her in my lap on the way home from the hospital!  
My beautiful rosebud, Ruth!  She was due on Christmas 1979 and was born on January 4th, 1980.  

I am very emotional after attending the Christmas Concert at HRS last night!  I was sitting with 3 of Ruth's family that not only have left HRS for the high school, David, but are now in college, Mary and Simon!  I was sitting with John and Bobbi with our youngest grandchild, Lucy who will be 2 in mid January so will not be doing preschool for another 3 years.  We also have Tom from Ruth's family who could have 2 years or preschool before he begins Kindergarten at HRS!  

Not only that but I was sitting with John and Bobbi, who were classmates at HRS for all 9 years!!!   Now to see their Jude, Kindergarten and Birdie, PreK up there gives them so much JOY!  Over the moon!  So many Christmas Concerts with The LIGHT of Christ with all 5 of our kids and grandkids and now and more to come for probably 12 years ahead!  Waves and waves of emotions and gratitude for our wonderful Catholic School!  Where even Pat and his siblings attended!  3 generations!  
Maria and Major Joseph like 14 years ago!  Little David will turn 15 on Saturday this weekend!  
This was many years ago, but we do have a few inches of snow to allow us to enjoy a white Christmas this weekend in WI!  I just pray for good roads too!  
LOVE this memory of our 4 girls in the kitchen together in our farmhouse - it must be 18 years ago as Mary is a baby.  Yes, the emotions are running high today!  
Mary in her Christmas dress and her sparkling blue eyes - she is now 18 1/2.
Looks like grandma had some fun dressing the littles when we only had 5!   Now we have 23, and I still like to get them clothes from time to time and dressing groups alike is my obsession!  
No this is not today, but some years back when Ruth and Paul lived here.  We switched places about 8 years ago now.  
Christmas Card 1977.  Pat took this picture as were engaged, but not married yet.  Thanksgiving 1977!  
Our first CCC in 1985 - my sister, Mary, was dying from cancer and died the next year on July 3.  She was Godmother for Nancy and Susan.  
CCC with the 4 girls 1998 at Camp Onomia.  We went to a Lutheran Camp by Onamia, MN for many years, and then moved to Camp Wapo in Amery, WI!  
May in the Catholic School at Christmas in Kindergarten.  Beginning to have the School back with grandkids - Simon was our first! 

Tomorrow night we are attending the Christmas program for Nancy's kids in Delano that attend St Maximilian Kolbe Catholic School!  They perform in the gorgeous Church there.  
Mary and her Snowball in the snow 10 years ago.  
Gina with her 3 candles and her huge happy smile!  

Sweet 2 year old Big Dave at CCC years ago - he turned 16 in July.  The Farm family will not be coming to CCC this year.  We are all sad about that, but are also overjoyed as the military family is traveling 8-9 hours from Kansas to spend the weekend with us!  
My dad today in Prayer of The Church was very excited and emotional also!  I shed tears as I read his notes to me today!  How he loves the NAME - majestic name!  
5 year old Jude in Kindergarten and wanted to wear a tie for the program.  He looked very dapper!  
Joy in second grade - her First Communion year!  
Rose in 7th grade - next year will be her 8th with the light of Christ and live Nativity!  
My favorite part of the Nativity was the sheep last night.  So cute and fun!  
The Kansas kids ready to come and play in the Minnesota snow and cold!  We are all so excited and praying for wonderful roads and family time like no other.  So many memories from the past, but to be made in 2024!  
Jude's angel on top of the tree!  LOVE!  
Jude's masterpiece of his family portrait!  
White Christmas finally and just in time, now to get the roads cleaned off for our travel tomorrow.  John and his 3 kids will join us in our truck, and we will go to Delano for Nancy's older 5 in their Christmas program and then on to Camp Wapo for the weekend!  
Birdie's grumply Joseph...
So much fun to see this that I had to share!  
The older farm siblings there to support and smile at their younger siblings and cousin, Jude.  I got pretty choked up!  The love for our Catholic School then, now and in the future runs very deep!  So many blessings that it all overwhelms me!  We will have many more to come with Simon starting 15 years ago and Tom and Lucy still to even begin in years ahead - probably 28 years total of kids in our beloved HRS!  
Preschooler Birdie Barbara holding lovingly Baby Jesus in her arms as she kneels for Our Lord come to earth!  

Praying with John as our hours overlap in the middle of the night.  Praying for family and for safety as we travel and healing in our families too!  
Joy and Tom spent Sunday with us and our 3rd Sunday of Advent - the pink JOY candle!  
Up to visit Our Lady of Guadalupe  after the 3rd Sunday mass!  
Paul and Sam driving across country last week - Sam bought a bus in Spokane and took it home to Delaware!  The roads were great - thank you, Lord and Lady!  
Talk about a view of the road!  We will see Sam and family tomorrow at CCC, but not Paul and family!  There will be 23 from our family of 34... we will be half of the Crosses there!  Many are coming for the dance and Santa!  
Therese 12 years ago with the new babies - Bernadette and Patrick, who are just a month apart and both just turned 12!  
Gaudete Sunday the priests and deacon wear pink!  
Lucy at brunch on the farm as we celebrate with great JOY the 3rd Sunday of Advent we shared as a family at Mass!  

The Psalm today seems to speak of the deep feelings of happiness and gratitude that are filling me with tears today!  

Responsorial Psalm Ps 71:3-4a, 5-6ab, 16-17

R. (see 8) My mouth shall be filled with your praise, and I will sing your glory!
Be my rock of refuge,
a stronghold to give me safety,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
O my God, rescue me from the hand of the wicked.
R. My mouth shall be filled with your praise, and I will sing your glory!
For you are my hope, O LORD;
my trust, O God, from my youth.
On you I depend from birth;
from my mother's womb you are my strength.
R. My mouth shall be filled with your praise, and I will sing your glory!
I will treat of the mighty works of the LORD;
O God, I will tell of your singular justice.
O God, you have taught me from my youth,
and till the present I proclaim your wondrous deeds.
R. My mouth shall be filled with your praise, and I will sing your glory!  

Maggie with warm ears, hands and feet - ready for our cold and snow!  I have so much to do to get ready to leave tomorrow!  I must end this for now!  Lord and Lady, I am filled with so much JOY and happiness to recall and look forward to the many years of family sharing our Faith in our wonderful Catholic School!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Bless-bless, Barb and the 33 

Danielle Rose - Memorare
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me
So will I 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment