This grabbed me this morning as we were sharing morning prayer at breakfast... After having Susan bring the Lamb so powerfully into our lives by becoming a member of a Dominican community called the Community of the Lamb. They are especially prominant in our minds nowas we have received word that the community that Susan had lived with two years ago has now relocated in our diocese of New Ulm and will be taking their habits next Wednesday night at 5:30p at the Cathedral in New Ulm! My daughter, Maria, called yesterday to inform me as she knows how much they all mean to me and how I prayed that just this would happen for our diocese first of all, but also thinking that Susan would be a part of all this and could be that much closer to home! The Lord had another path for her, and we love the Community of the Lamb and are forever changed for having them as our sons and daughters...
Susan/Little Sister Hallel called yesterday after I had heard the news, and I did ask her why she wasn't still with them for this huge step... "I wouldn't be happy, mom. I have found where I am supposed to be." A mother needs to ask sometimes, but I do love where Susan is now, and how I am looking forward to the week that I will be spending with her... this next week John and I are going to KC with Ruth... she has a week long conference for her nursing job there, and will drop us off with the Community of the Lamb in KC! We will live with them, and live their life with them and Sue says that I could be in the kitchen a lot doing the meals so that they can do other things... I want to help and not feel like a guest. Who knows... maybe we will never come back. For sure I will not be spending time writing here for the week. I will be burning to share when we return however!
More words of wisdom from St Cyril:
"Those who believe in one God the Father Almighty ought to believe in his only-begotten Son, Jesus says: "I am the door. No one come to the Father but by me."(Jn 10:9, 14:6) Anyone who does not accept the door cannot possibly reach the Father. Anyone who wishes to pray to the Father should adore the Son, or his prayers are not accepted.... The Savior becomes all things to all, according to the need of each: to those who ask for Joy, he becomes the vine; to those who wish to enter, he becomes the door; to those who are under the weight of sin, he becomes a lamb, a lamb slain for them. He becomes all things to all, but he remains none the less what he is.... He is the healer of bodies and the doctor of souls."
Jesus we are amazed at the personal journey that we are each called to as followers of you! How we are filled with the joy of your personal love for us as we see your hand always on us directing us lovingly forward on your path. Jesus we trust in You!
The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment