



I am in a situation here that has allowed me to once again revisit the time John and I just spent in Rochester for the 5 weeks of his stem cell transplant.... Our computer is down to the point that we are waiting for the new one we had to purchase later today. In the meantime I have been using the laptop that I had used in Rochester at our home away from home to keep in touch with you all. John and I had added my photo program so that i could add pictures of our time there, but when it came time to take them off and put them on our main computer... it wouldn't burn a CD or allow me to do it... Now I am back able to access those pictures and revisit the time there and the support that I found in the Catholic community there.
I have had many give me books along the way and suggested that I look into some method or other of coping with the sudden occurance in our lives that our 20 year old son had brain cancer! My feeling on the matter has been that I want to do it with the Church! I want to do it with all that the Church can give me... I have always felt that the Church has it all together and figured out and as the world changes so rapidly they are there to help me figure out what is right!
John, Pat and I have clung to the morning and evening prayers to feed us and minister to us in scripture and in prayers... I am transported into the presence of the Lord with the assistance of Our Lady with the daily saying of the rosary... I have added an extra decade now with this journey... the Crown of Thorns... just for the cancer intention and now more for all those that join us as our prayer warriors... loyal and true heros as we fight the good fight with them at our side... we know that each and every one of them has their own crosses and battles to face, so we want to pray for them in return.
The rosary for quite a few years now has become a real and powerful way for me to pray for my children... each has a decade from oldest to youngest... 5 kids it works out perfect... I have added another one for my husband as I have seen that if we pray together...things are more peaceful and the Lord is there to help us do this thing called "marriage"! Then a last decade to remember my Godchildren... I feel that I am called to pray for them just as if they are my own children... they have been given my by God as my spiritual children... that I need to take to heart and seriously!
Daily mass has been such a blessing for me... I especially found it a great support in the midst of John's transplant... he would return home exhausted and welcome me to let him rest and I go to mass and time in the Eucharistic chapel at St John's church just a few blocks away from both Mayo and our "home". I loved when I had time to say my rosary and divine chaplet of Mercy in front of the beautiful tabernacle... I was so touched by the people that I would see there every day and share the love of our Lord in the feast of heaven and earth... we would be in a back chapel from the church for daily mass and to see the revenence of so many as they kneeled and bowed in front of our Lord made flesh and blood on the hard floor! Reminded me of what my daughter said to me one time: "If we truly believe that is the body and blood of Christ we should be crawling up there on our hands and knees!"
I was moved to tears one day as I sat in the Eucharistic chapel and witnessed a lady go over to a beautiful body of Christ in a small alcove off to the side... She looked into his face and spoke to him and stoked his dead body and kissed it ...such intimate love for her Lord due to so many time in her life that she came to Him in the Eucharist and all the amazing sacraments and devotions we are blessed with. Over the weeks... I saw her return again and again to whisper to her lover... He paid the supreme sacrifice for us! She embodied the total appreciation and love the we all should have for the dead Christ... He died for us!
Often times I would think in the last 9 months that I really don't have the time you would think to be reading books to help me... I am immersed in my spiritual devotions and the sacraments to help me on each daily journey... Reconcilliation has been a more constant companion in helping me find a better place in myself... John and I start every day and trip with the decade of the rosary with the intentions for healing and support for us and all those that are with us on this journey...
No comments:
Post a Comment