Thursday, July 7, 2011

LIfe is back to semi normal...

This was minutes after the storm had gone through on Friday... we were stunned to see all the water and our building down as well as many trees.  Later we also could see that the wind and hail had raised heck with our bean crop too.  Our house made it through as did all of us, so how could we be anything but grateful for that?  Well, struggling with power and then no internet to reach out to others or get in touch.... it just made it all seem hard and challanging... plus the now huge job of cleaning up after it all! 

Such a challanging year it has been and it makes you wonder what is going to hit next...The day before the storm, we had bought tickets to go to France for a week to be there when Hallel takes her first vows in the Community of the Lamb on July 24th.  It seemed like it would be impossible for us to think about doing that, but slowly we are getting things somewhat back to normal and the work is getting done, and we are heading towards that goal.  Come hell of high water as they say.... we are going to France!  That will be Pat, John and I will be going and many prayers will be part of getting us there!
But anything we do in life should be surrounded and supported by prayer!  I read a wonderful meditation last night about a form of praying over scripture called Lectio divina... it is kind of how the Community of the Lamb "chews" the Gospel every day.  It is the "prayerful reading of Sacred Scripture."  And it is something that Pope Benedict XVI is very excited about and really wants us to start doing it in our lives and our churches..."Assiduous reading of Sacred Scripture accompanied by prayer makes the ultimate dialogue possible in which, through reading, one hears God speaking, and through prayer, one responds with a confident opening of the heart.  If this practice is promoted with efficacy, I am convinced that it will produce a new spiritual springtime in the Church."  Pope Benedict XVI


I love that feeling of excitement when I go to read the Gospel the night before and asking the Lord to speak to me!  It is wonderful to sit here and ponder his words to me and to all as I write to you!  I hope and pray that my joy and excitement makes all of those that join me here wanting to come to Him in His amazing Word!  It is how HE is here in this world with us - in His Word and His Sacraments!
Jesus, thank you for reaching out to us in your amazing Word!  WE yearn to communicate with you and our prayerful reading and listening and anwering in our prayer gives us a REAL way to share with you!  Today you tell us in Matt 10: 7-15..."The Kingdom of heaven it at hand.  Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, drive out demons.  Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give..."  Lord, give us the strength and the faith to make it so, and to always trust in you to be in control of our lives.  Jesus, we trust in you!  Amen and Halleluia!

Bless-bless, Barb

"Like the deer that yearns
for running streams,
so my soul is yearning
for you, my God.

My soul is thirsting for God,
the God of my life;
when can I enter and see
the face of God?

My tears have become my bread,
by night, by day,
as I hear it said all the day long:
"Where is your God?"

Deep is calling on deep,
in the roar of the waters:
your torrents and all your waves
swept over me.

By day the Lord will send
his loving kindness;
by night I will sing to him,
praise the God of my life.

I will say to God, my rock:
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning
oppressed by the foe?"

Why are you cast down, my soul,
why groan within me?
Hope in God; I will praise him still,
 my savior and my God." 
Pslam 42 - used in morning prayer today


No comments:

Post a Comment